Nev Fickling Rejoins PAC!

Guest Elton

Guest Leon Roskilly
Originally posted by Steve Randles:

1.Why is an apology necessary from these anglers, and what benefit would the PAC achieve?

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Blithfield incident, the Scottish committee were prepared to take action against a group containing high profile PAC members, knowing fully what the consequences were likely to be.

IF NF and his cronies had had the guts to admit that they had been wrong in fishing a cull (and that's exactly what it was when they agreed to fish it), then all of this would have blown over long ago.

However, NF had little other defence than the tactic of launching vitriolic personal attacks on hard working and committed PAC committee members, both on the internet, and through various angling publications.

IMO NF did not deserve to be readmitted to the PAC, certainly not without a full apology to those he has villified.

However, the campaign mounted by NF and his supporters was having some success in damaging and splitting views within the PAC (although it's my firm belief that the majority of members were largely behind the action taken), and the poison was spreading outside of the PAC.

Allowing NF back in removes the high platform from which he was mounting his campaign, portraying himself as victim, not the perpetrator of the split.

Given the bitterness which this incident has spawned, and which NF has seeked to turn to his advantage, allowing him to rejoin the PAC was an act of some considerable courage on the part of the new committee, giving us and angling the best possible chance of putting all of this behind us, and concentrating on the many more urgent and important issues which should be taking up our time.

Now NF has been given the chance to show us that he deserves his readmittance.

Don't expect those he has injured so deeply to dance a jig on his return to the fold.

I guess that it will be up to NF to show what he's made of. Only his words, actions and, yes humility, can start to heal the hurt he has caused (and I do accept that NF was also deeply wounded, and genuinly confused by what he considers was done to him).

Now that he has nothing further to gain by it, I wonder if he will have it in him to do what's in his power alone to do?

All of that is now between NF and those he's morally answerable to.

For the rest of us, there's a new team at the helm, the field has been cleared, and we have other bigger battles to concentrate on.

Whilst not forgetting what we owe to the Scottish PAC Committee, and the bitter pill they have been asked to swallow, let's put this behind us, get behind the new comittee and get on with the job.

Tight Lines - leon

[This message has been edited by Leon Roskilly (edited 26 December 2000).]

Guest Geoff Parkinson

To anyone who cares,

Why do people who post messages more often than not hide their identities, who only have admiration for 'postees' who are prepared to give their name, how can we believe everything we read from anyone who's not prepared to give their name. By the way I think the N.F. saga has been blown out of all proportion and with the present outcome, we should endeavour to move forward rather than be negative. We all cannot have our own way all the time just because we think we should, personality conflict in this issue has taken over.

Originally posted by Dave. L:

Steve,

I don't see why you have to be so aggresive in your quest for answers from Mac, I don't know whether you know Mac's identity or not but if so you will be aware of his massive contribution to the PAC over many years and to numerous comittee's.

Nev's torrent of abuse aimed at the PAC and it's comittee members over the last few months has upset many PAC members, and quite a few would have liked to see a meaningful apology before Nev was allowed to rejoin.

I cannot see what is so hard to understand about that.

Dave.

Guest Dave. L

Geoff,

Not sure who you're having a go at, me or Mac, I'm certainly not using the name Dave.L to hide my identity, my name is Dave Lancashire.

And I'm sure you know who Mac is.

Regards

Dave.L

Guest Steve Randles

To all,

Time for me to explain (again).

I know not who "Mac" is, and care not for pseudonyms or alias's.Even if he was the Prime Minister, I would question him the same. All I can see is negative comments from him...can anyone here find any positivity in any of his posts? I doubt it.

My care is for anglers who bicker ceaselessly between themselves, this effort could be better used for other things. As for my aggresive questioning, rubbish!

How can I be aggresive asking someone on a discussion board to discuss?Or asking if this apology is neceessary? When I meet halfway, why he does not "reciprocate"? And on the question of a future in angling, how he see's it, and the future of the PAC and NF therin, how is this aggressive?

The truth here is plain to see, do a search on "Macs" posts, find some positive comments for me, I see none. All I see is an injured man, maybe justifiably so, but I have come forward and asked for the relative information, unfortunately, all I have had in return are my own re-quotes, cutting comments and yes negativity.

No, I am not a member of the PAC, so know little of it's internal workings, indeed, I have got nothing to do with it at all! But when you come on a "public" forum and slate fellow anglers, then that is my business. Especially when the gun is turned on me, of course I'm going to react.

I have also stated all through my postings on this thread, that I do not have a problem with "Mac" at all, just bickering in general between anglers.

I now believe that NF has been accepted back into PAC, and the other members (from Blithfield) have realised that perhaps they made a mistake, can we now move on?

I ask again. Why is this apology necessary and what good would it do?

If anyone would care too, My e-mail address is at the top of this post, feel free to use it, to perhaps enlighten me.

Oh yes, My e-mail is next to my full name, not an alias.

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Guest pikemaster39

I cannot speak for anyone else but the reason I use pikemaster39 is because the internet is ment to be fun and having a handle is part of it (as far as I am concerned anyway) and my details are available to anyone who cares to look.

------------------

Andi

www.sussex-pac.co.uk

Guest Peter Waller

There is only one thing that I don't wish to see coming out of this whole sorry saga is Nev Flickling infering that he is blameless and that the PAC has at last come to its senses. If he does, then Mac, whoever he is, will be proven right. But lets look at it in a positive light, Nev will have learnt to shut up at the right time (and not before time) and pike angling can move on as it should. It should be remembered that Flickling did issue an apology in Pikelines to those that he had upset. That it differed in writing to his usual style does leave unanswerable questions but, at the end of the day, he put his name to it and it should be accepted as an apology, and hopefully a sincere one. Believe me, I am not on Flickling's side, but I am a keen PAC member. I have to say that I think this thread is getting us absolutely nowhere fast. It is a fact and should be accepted, no ammount of soul searching will alter it now.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 27 December 2000).]

Guest Dave. L

Steve,

At last I have seen the error of my ways and now realise that you are correct in everything that you say and do, therefore I will post no more on this topic.

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Steve Randles

If I was right in everything I said and did, I'd be a millionaire!!!

I just can't see how an apology would help...anyone..

Perhaps you can tell me as you have already posted that you think it is necessary.

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Originally posted by Geoff Parkinson:

"Why do people who post messages more often than not hide their identities"

This does seem to upset a lot a people. My own nick name has been in place for some 38 years now, many within angling knowing me by no other name (at least polite ones). I am sorry, I don't see why I should stop using it to suit others. Hiding 'identities' does not enter into it. However, to accomodate those who are right in everything they say and do (Almost god like?)and feel they MUST know a posters name, I have altered my profile e.mail address to identify me. Hopefully this simple act will accomodate those of you who would seem to be loosing sleep over the use of nick names.

In the words of that other guy who knows everything,

"Live long and Prosper"

Bye

Mac