river derwent

andy c

Im looking forward to the new season and hope to fish the yorkshire derwent quite a lot, So could anyone with any info on this lovley river give me advise no mater how trivial it may be. I hope to catch chub and barbel, but I know the later are quite hard to target, but advise on any species is aprechiated. thanks. andy.

hi andy well you did say no matter how trivial, and this may or may not apply.

I've fish the derwent in derby "not" yorkshire so can't really tell you that much except that I heartly recommend a chunk of good old smelly cheese completly covering a 12 hook legered in a suitably chubbie looking area. I pulled some cracking clonkers on the simple but deadly method

fat, stupid hobbit.

one good tip

do not fish it

its a very hard water to fish and very deep only a few fish there

if you want to travel in to north yorks to river fish try the swale topcliff or some where around there 100x better or the don a sheffield 1000x better

my total catch on the derwent in my life( i come from scarborough and lived a pikering } is

1 dace

15 roach

a pike

100s gudgin

most of the river is run by york & d a c

need i say more

if you want to know what i amd most local people think to e_mail me and i will let you know

i have fished most places aroun north yorks if you want more info let me no

Originally posted by andy c:

I'm looking forward to the new season and hope to fish the Yorkshire Derwent quite a lot, so could anyone with any info on this lovley river and give me advice no mater how trivial it may be. I hope to catch chub and barbel, but I know the latter are quite hard to target, but advice on any species is appreciated. thanks. andy. /QUOTE]

Andy

If you click here you may find the info of help/use

DG :cool:

I used to fish it years ago. (I live on the banks of the river now) The only place you will catch a good head of Chub and Barbel is below the weir at Stamford Bridge, there is another weir at Howsham but you only tend to get the odd Chub below this one.