Lure Anglers

quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

that lure is the Nutz/ Dog Bolls .... I am still not really sure what that means but, I would have to guess it isn't something my Grandma would like hear me to say.

JT Bagwell

Well, JTB, I'm not sure what the American-English equivalent is(maybe "That's COOL!"?), but it generally means "the best you can get" (also, usually, "or the money") or "the most important part" of something. Nutz is politer slang for the DBs. You might say over there "The Bee's Knees" or "The Buffalo's Balls". (Don't mention this to your Granny, OK?!)

Look at http://www.onelook.com /?w=dogs+b*****s for proper definitions :D

For example if you want the DBs for your dog in the UK you can get them from here http://www. thedogs-b*****s.co.uk/

And presumably, if you wanted an excellent beer (their claim, not mine!) you would drink

dbbeer.jpg:D

You know what I'm saying ... what good would a squirrel be without his nutz? Exactly! The same goes for you and that Evilution lure

DG :cool:

[ 14. April 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DG - what do you folks call the room or outbuilding where one goes to eliminate bodily wastes? Lav, Loo (neither of which seems very descriptive) or something else?

And I begin to worry that you are fixated on waste elimination.

We probably should all call it the crapper room in honor of that famous Brit, Thomas Crapper, who didn't invent the flush toilet but certainly made it famous after he started his plumbing fixture company back in the early 1860s.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Originally posted by Newt:

DG - what do you folks call the room or outbuilding where one goes to eliminate bodily wastes?

Newt, I'm trying not to get into deep water here! Well, some might say that's what our Houses of Paliament are for :D And you guys have a little White House over there don't you? :D We certainly don't call it a bathroom ... that's where we have a ...... bath! :D .

And I begin to worry that you are fixated on waste elimination.

Well, at the risk of being called Mr Pot

(as in pot, kettle, black, a la TK, a.k.a. lordsnootysm.gif ),

some posters do produce more "waste" than others, on this Forum and others, and yup, I'd like to eliminate most of it, down the lavatory :D

We probably should all call it the crapper room in honor of that famous Brit, Thomas Crapper, who didn't invent the flush toilet but certainly made it famous after he started his plumbing fixture company back in the early 1860s.

Well that expression is used over here in impolite society apparently (how would I know?!) :D

Y'all have a nice day now!

P.S. Newt, please also check-out my posting here about Spectra braids, PowerPro etc. I think you owe me one, as they say.

quote:

DG - PowerPro is a spectra line but not braided at all.

quote:

Are you
sure
about that, Newt?!

See here and here and

[ 14. April 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Sorry to drag the thread out of grandmas potting shed [copyright the two ronnies circa 75]but I have been using baits like the evolution for about a year or so. The idea sprang from browsing the barlows sight and copying a few of their wireforms albeit scaling them up to pike size. They burn and bulge beautifully and slow roll a treat . The extra lift means they can be left deep for longer and 'burned' up at the end of the retrieve to avoid bankside clutter and shelves , this has also triggered a few takes. Overall on the couple of waters I've tried them on they have performed as well if not better than any other spinnerbait. Also the double arm idea can be used with soft plastics and seems to add a certain extra edge ,though I get far too little fishing time to indulge in 'proper' comparative studies.

Another development in the spinnerbait field that i've plagarised is the blade clacker which has two large willowleaf blades on the same arm on individual swivels which knock each other and create noise and stutters in the retieve , its early days at the moment with these but early results are very promising. Hope this is of interest, luck to yer lures , the Jackmaster.

quote:

Originally posted by jackmaster:

Sorry to drag the thread out of Grandma's potting shed

Well, if that euphemism doesn't confuse dear old Newt & Co. on the other side of the pond, nothing will! :D

[ 17. April 2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

jackmaster - the noise thing does work. I've only used it on buzzbaits but there is a fairly new style that has a piece of metal hanging in the way of the main blade. It will swing out of the way when hit but then back to get hit by the blade again. Fish - if in an aggressive mood - think highly of it.

Another interesting spinner bait to me is one that is supposed to mimic a small pred chasing a school (shoal?) of bait fish. One variety is:

quad-spinner-1.jpg

[ 17. April 2003, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Another interesting spinner bait to me is one that is supposed to mimic a small pred chasing a school (shoal?) of bait fish. One variety is:

quad-spinner-1.jpg

Newt....

"I don't suppose for one moment that you might have some kind of commercial interest in this?" :D:D:D

Only kidding-around !

[ 17. April 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

I personally have not used the Quad Blade (single arm) Spinnerbaits but, I have a friend that loves them. He was telling me about a night he had fishing when he caught 4 or 5 different species of fish on a Quad Blade.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell