Method feeder fishing advice

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am based in Scotland and wish to try this approach for Bream Carp and Tench. Have never actually seen the approach used can i ask some questions;

1- Is it suitable for all of these 3 species ?

Yes

2- Is a hair rigged bait best ?

I'd say so but not asolutely essential.

3- Should the hooklength be fixed to the feeder ?

Not always. I sometimes have my line runing freely through the feeder but I have a float stop further up the line to allow the fish to run a little before the bolt-effect takes place.

4- should i point the rod at the bait and use an alarm or do it sideways with a quiver ?

Either or. Depends on how 'on it' you are. I often fish quiver side-on with the clutch off and sit right beside my rod. I sometimes use the alarm anyway, in case I need to take my eyes off the job to make a cuppa.

5- what length of hooklength length should I start with ?

4 inches would be a good start I think. Going shorter if the takes are confident, longer if less so.

6- why does one of the feeders I bought have a bright red rubber band on it ?

If it's a closed feeder, it'll be powergum and it's just to keep the lid on tight whilst casting to prevent spillage. If it's more like a pole elastic and stretches quite a long way, then is more of shock absorber to prevent bouncing hooks off in fight.Any advice would be appreciated thanks Peter

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...