A Plea!

Rusty

So the still water bug has got you then? told you you should have hung on to that bed chair! (will keep it to one side) Mind you if your going down the whole "Retro" look way then I best keep an eye out for a Lafuma or Mk1 Fox International bed for you!

The Wingham bug has definitely taken hold Budgie and I hope I'm able to use the bedchair next year. As you'd expect my club stillwaters wouldn't be the same and the recent violent tackle theft incident at one of them has put me off trying overnighters. Sure people say be alert, report strangers to the police or even take a 'deterrent' but I don’t want to be in that frame of mind when I’m going fishing. Who needs that?

Wingham on the other hand was a completely different experience. Ok so there were 30 anglers there and the social aspect contributed greatly to the weekend but I bet if you’re the only one on the lake you don’t spend half the time looking over your shoulder. I have considered putting my name on the waiting list, I’d need to figure out how to make the most of it given the 350 mile round trip.

As regards the bobbins there is some flaky logic to my sticking with them, it’s the simplicity. I like the fact that they stay on the line during the strike and when playing the fish so no need to make sure that the line comes free from the bobbin. You’d think they might tangle on a screaming run but I’ve never had that happen. If I need extra weight I use blu-tack.

Yellow ones always caught more fish :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I've just totalled the cost of a four rod setup, indicators, isotopes, spare heads/weights and a posh case to put them in comes in at about 170 quid!!!!! Just for bobbins for heavens sake, all they do is go up and down. I could get a Harrison rod for that (it wouldn't make a very good bobbin though)

It's great having an almost wife and my mother both working for me - on fishing related activity. Scary, really

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The Wingham bug has definitely taken hold Budgie and I hope I'm able to use the bedchair next year. As you'd expect my club stillwaters wouldn't be the same and the recent violent tackle theft incident at one of them has put me off trying overnighters. Sure people say be alert, report strangers to the police or even take a 'deterrent' but I don’t want to be in that frame of mind when I’m going fishing. Who needs that?

Wingham on the other hand was a completely different experience. Ok so there were 30 anglers there and the social aspect contributed greatly to the weekend but I bet if you’re the only one on the lake you don’t spend half the time looking over your shoulder. I have considered putting my name on the waiting list, I’d need to figure out how to make the most of it given the 350 mile round trip.

As regards the bobbins there is some flaky logic to my sticking with them, it’s the simplicity. I like the fact that they stay on the line during the strike and when playing the fish so no need to make sure that the line comes free from the bobbin. You’d think they might tangle on a screaming run but I’ve never had that happen. If I need extra weight I use blu-tack.

Yellow ones always caught more fish :D

You'll have to upsticks and move nearer...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God