Angling holiday in SE/E England

mdhome

Hi Chaps

Does anyone know of any holiday locations in the SE/E of England that caters for coarse anglers. I was considering going to Anglers-Paradise in Devon or Whiteacres in Cornwall but I fear the driving may be to much for the missus.

Regards MD

MD - It is well worth the trip to holiday at White Acres - they virtually guarantee that you WILL catch fish (and not tiddlers) It should be a straight run on motorways which have services every few miles. I often use them - not to spend money but just to stop and rest, stretch legs and comfort breaks etc.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest allibee

ummm ... Cornwall is remarkably bereft of Motorways and Devon only really has one that services Cornwall and that comes down from Bristol/Bath way and stops in Exeter

It's a horrid journey and I can see why your missus would hate it, having hated it myself last year

I used to drive down to the Lizard, Penzance and Willington (nr Minehead) regularly and I dont like being in cars for too long so I hated the journey, but that part of England is unique and always worth the extra effort. I see you are in Milton Keynes, which shouldn't be too much of a problem M1-M25-M4-M5 ? however avoid going on Saturday, take a few goodies in the car with you and if you really don't fancy doing it in one stretch then why not break your journey at a B&B somewhere in Bristol, make it part of the holiday. Whilst they all talk funny, Bristol (Brizzel to the locals) is a nice place to spend an evening and then you've got only a short hop in the morning.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest allibee

Good advice there, break the journey up over two days

Cornwall is really beautiful and best not travelled through feeling glum

well i would recommend tinney waters on the devon cornwall boarder near bude, however if you wanted to go south east england what about cottington lakes with 4 lakes to choose from you will catch fish, or local to cottington lakes is river stour the medway is not to far a drive along with other class waters (cottington lakes is near deal kent) ive been to both and you will find more detailed information on my site

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

I would recommend that if you are going to travel to Devon or Cornwall you start out at about 5pm you should then have a clear run through.

I live near the Devon Cornwall Border and regularly travel to Cumbria, and either way, this is the best time of day to travel.

We spent a week at Coftons in Devon recently and was disappointed with the fishing. Some of the blame lied on my techniqiue, but the holiday was unfulfilling.

Unfortunately I dont drive, the missus does and I am not sure if she is too interested in going back again this year.

Regards MD

PS, I live in MK but come from Brizzle.