old aged care

barry luxton

Mother in law has demetia among other issues, we had her at our house for 2.5 months as she could no longer cope with living at her own home. Three weeks ago she went down hill fast and has ended up in hospital. The hospital is now talking about releasing her into a care home or we may well have to have her back with us. She is ill enough not to be able to recognise anyone, reminices about people from years ago thinking that they are here and now. Restricted to bed as is too frail to move without help.

So now there is a 'care' manager involved. First questions asked how much money has she in her account and does she own her own home. Warning bells are now ringing.

My missus speaking to others is hearing horrific tales of poor treatment, non-existing treatment etc. And houses being taken fully and more to pay for this treatment. If we manage to have her at home again, we have heard that help is on hand, yet mother in law will need to pay for it. If she goes into a home somewhere, mother in law is expected to pay for it. The house had already been split up among the two kids years ago, yet there is still 30% in the mother in laws name. I'm thinking that they want that. And the care manager has hinted that even though the house has been shared out years ago, it's a grey area with regards to the nhs getting that as well.

At present she is on a drip and has a catheta in place, today we heard she fell out of bed. Think she is ready to be discharged? Sounds like the missues and myself now have an uphill battle on our hands to see if we can do as much as possible to make her comfortable with the little time that is left, and an up hill battle to see if we can get as much assistance as possible.

Can anyone tell us what to expect and share with us some pointers, it would be much appreciated.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry, just sent you a PM. Please have a think and act IF you wish to mate.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Personal thank you to Both Chris Goddard and also Ken L for your kind personal comments and suggestions by both email, Ken and phone, Chris. Two super guys, i am humbled. Thanks.

Met a hospital nurse at our home today to see what the suitibility of our home to have mother in law back with us, with help from the nhs as well. Things are moving on nicely (wow) they are going to provide a fully powered bed. And care four times a day etc. Been told today that unfortunatly she needs a catheta in place permanently and this is now classed as nursing care, so it certainly opens a few doors for us.

My missus was told previously by the care manager that a lot of money is going to be saved for the nhs if we can have her at home, so, i think it's all positive. Will let you all know if a brick gets thrown though. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hey Barry,

Emapthy coming out to you there my friend.

Mother in law is back at home now, as the care home had taken it upon themselves to stop feeding and giving her drinks.

That was a year ago. She Can't move except for her eyes now, a progressively worsening brain thing.

While I don't know about the financial side, my sister in law deals with that, i'm sure the nhs have not got any fingers in her house, which is part owned by her other, other daughter.

Its a full time job caring for her on my Sis's part. The Carers also come in at least 4 times a day to help with the nescessary bodily functions(she also has a catheter and a feeding tube) getting her up for the day, moving her from chair to wheelchair & putting her to bed.

Its a pretty busy house with all this going on & we're used to nearly always having other people in the house (I mostly live with my Sister in Law)

Mother in Law goes into respite care every month or so, to give the family a break as it can make you get to the point of tearing your hair out when someone is constantly moaning & you've done everything you can think of but you don't know where its hurting them.

I'm amazed at my Sister in laws resolve, when i'm looking after her on my own, I really don't know what to do sometimes & i'm usually glad when the carers turn up.

Hope some of that helps, its no easy task and there are no easy answers.

Best Wishes,

Zig

The THING to remember Barry and Zig and all out there who are in a SIMILAR position is this. IF "Nursing Care" is required then the NHS picks up the tab for ALL aspects of care!! And that is ALL costs and having a CATHETER inserted is MEDICAL CARE!!! And that in it's turn entitles you to get a LOT better care for your rellies!!

Having been in a similar situation myself here in France I can only say i APPLAUD the lot of you! It is NOT an easy thing, but OH! It is ever so rewarding I think!! Main difference being here in France there was NEVER any QUESTION of who paid for what! The GOVERNMENT ALWAYS looks after the older people amongst us!! If ONLY it were the case in the UK!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks for sharing Ziggs, another gent. Got called into the hospital this afternoon, she has gone down hill a lot and the prognosis is not good. It now appears a battle even to get her to come out of the place. Docs and nurses have been ist class, the care she has received and is still receiving can't be faulted. They told us that medically they will do what they can but it appears to be an uphill struggle.

A problem shared Barry....

And thanks to Chris also,

I hate to say this but looking at Mums condition now and knowing what she was like before, I do wonder if she'd be better off out of it.

One of the last things she managed to communicate was that it was only going to get worse.

Can you imagine being stuck motionless, relying on other people to do everything, even the most basic functions, for you. It must be a living hell.

You can't even kill yourself when you've got that bad.

Sorry Barry, thats probably not helping you and your situation. But there is a time to go for all of us, just because medical tech has got that good, do they have the right to keep us all going when we are so obviously past our use by date just because they can ?

This wouldn't have been an issue 100 years ago, but things have moved on so quickly.

For what it's worth, heaven and high water would NOT stop me doing ANYTHING I was asked to do (and Mum asked too.) Mum died because it was her time but it would not have been long anyway because I was certainly ready. Having said all that I can REALLY put myself in your shoes and say it is FAR from easy! And anyway, it's horse for courses! We are ALL different and that is what makes us get along (Or not :))

Chris Goddard