Would this be ok as a method reel?

Pato

I would only be fishing at 30-40 yards tops with the Drennan series 7 puddle chucker method rod. Would the Drennan series 7 feeder reel be ok to use with this at this range, I like it because it takes 100m spools of line (I can use my free line with this week's Angler's Mail :D lol).

The fish would mainly be tench to about 5lbs (although apparently they go to 10) and crucians of all sizes.

Also would this rod be a bit over-gunned to use for bream on the River Thames?

Thanks in advance,

Pato

Is it that Dragoncarp line? I loaded a spool with it thinking it felt OK. In use it's about as stetchy as pole elastic....no kidding.

It's coming off.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Is the dragon carp line really that bad? Oh well, it was just a freebie :)

Thanks for the offer Feederfisher but i have my eyes set on this reel so I think I'll get it.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the float and feeder version of the Drennan reel? And is the rod ok for bream on the river thames?

Thanks for the replies guys.

ive got a shakespear mach 1xt 035 front drag for sale

use it on my drennan series 7 puddle chucker carp feeder and it feels great

got my eyes on a shimano baitrunner dl now tho :)

25quid im after ovno

Asked you if you were selling it a month ago. Seeing as you missed that and the reel was 27 quid when you bought it, I'll offer you 15 for it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Is the dragon carp line really that bad?

Yes, it' that bad. Think 'boing' and you get the idea. Try tightening up to it. Nigh on impossible. Like tightening up to an elastic band. Horrible crap.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...