NEW CARP ROD

MikeyP

Hi all, I'm after a couple of new carp rods which I'm going to be buying second hand. My choices are: Trev's of Wilmslow Viper hand built rod £89, Team Hutchinson rod £89, Shimano Diaflash £105, Caliber Orbiter £109, all of which are 2.75lb tc. What I want to know is which rod for the price is best value.

Mikeyp has got the right idea ive got a pro performance titanium an its a great rod, gives a nice fight but has still got power for the bigger fish. i would go the titanium although if you wanted a really good rod esp carp rods are brilliant quite good price aswell. hope this helps

The Diamond Geezer:

LAST: Caliber Orbiter £109,

How come? :confused:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Elton:

LAST: Caliber Orbiter £109,

How come? :confused:
Coz for a 2nd-hand rod, it's well-over-priced at £109 because you can get an un-used one for abround the same money

Actually, I'm confused now because, re-reading the original post MikeyP says

I'm after a couple of new carp rods which I'm going to be buying second hand.

So, if he means unused I would say that £109 is a fair price and I would then rate the Orbiter on value-for-money and performance (but with no after-sales?)in 4th place of MikeyP's list

DG

[ 17. July 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Im not familiar with the rods you have listed there but i have a Harrison ballista carp rod and would highly recomend them.They are made as blanks to order so you can choose which what eyes and fittings etc you can have.

I have just bought a harrison intercepter tench rod as well and again im well impressed.

http://www.harrisonrods.co.uk

you cant buy them direct from there but there full range is listed tho some of them are quite expensive

Regards Paul Mc