Vitalin (bait)

mike lavall

Someone mentioned using Vitalin as an alternative to groundbait on a thread here recently. Well I picked up a 15kg bag today for £8, but can anyone tell me how to prepare it, and use it. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mikey

Easy Mike, simply add water, not to much at first untill you get used to the stuff.

Do this as soon as you get to your swim and leave it to soak.

It will swell up and gets very sticky and then add more water if needed or add some brown crumb to stiffen it.

You can also add flavours/oils/ maggots/hemp or anything else that takes your fancy....but it is VERY good on it's own.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Mike, short answer is (1) yes to the open feeder

and(2) depends on how many, how hungry the fish are in your swim :D

Good luck,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It might help to give it whizz in the kitchen liquidiser to break it up a bit.

There is some dog food, by Febo I think, called Rough and Ready. It smells as if it would work as a groundbait, realy oily!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I always buzz mine up in a blender then add what ever you want - binder, flavouring , normally chuck in a hand full of pellets etc. Try different things for different waters , it can be as versitile as you want and just add water.

i was telling koi carp about vitalin the other day im glad youve picked up on it.its such a versatile feed its ideal in any situation,as youve heard stick some in a blender and then throw in a couple of un~blended handfulls so youve got diffrent sized pieces,add what flavour you like and anything else,i.e hemp corn...its excellent stuff...