environment agency

craig mason

can anyone remember the question i posted about my local river that is polluted and the lack of responce from the ea and your suggestion that i contact my local mp about this matter well i recieved a letter from my mp yesterday my local mp (harry barnes) is going to look into this matter and speak with the head of the ea about getting this matter sorted out :)

john wilson is god

craig mason:

can anyone remember the question i posted about my local river that is polluted and the lack of responce from the ea and your suggestion that i contact my local mp about this matter well i recieved a letter from my mp yesterday my local mp  (harry barnes) is going to look into this matter and speak with the head of the ea about getting this matter sorted out    :)  

Yes, I remember it well, and that I suggested (a) talking to the EA and (B) if that failed, writing to your MP

DG

:D:D

Hi Craig -- My local River Skerne here in Darlington is full of dace chublets roach etc, but at the bridge where the A66 goes over it its stuffed with 36 roadside cones and other crap, l told the EA about it and they said......sorry its a council problem.. :mad: but they tell me its a EA problem....typical eh !!!!

Tightlines mate whenever and wherever you may roam....

MOOKIE.... :):):)

[ 23. February 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: mookie ]

quote:

did you tell him you had to be bullied into getting a rod licence

I hope Craig complained to the outlet that sold him his new licence what with him thinking it was for the coming season even though they weren't available to the rest of us......pretty snide of them I thought.

Paul

Give the guy a break, will you.

The past is past and he is trying his best to do it right now.

Or have the folks who are razzing him never made mistakes?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Give the guy a break, will you.

The past is past and he is trying his best to do it right now.  

Or have the folks who are razzing him never made mistakes?

Posted by craig mason 10th January 2003 02:58 pm

Quote:-

i to have never been asked for a licence like *** ***** i do not bother to buy them and find the most difficult swims to get to so that i do not get bothered by any balifs that are coming round. And if i cannot find any were suitable then i sit on my boat in the middle of the river were the balifs cannot get to me. [End quote]

Newt

A pretty qualified mistake I have to say, maybe thats why it sticks in the memory.

I have to go along with gilbertron and Tinca61 on this, like it or not.

Nugg:

Newt

A pretty qualified mistake I have to say, maybe thats why it sticks in the memory.

I have to go along with gilbertron and Tinca61 on this, like it or not.

Nugg - maybe just age on my part but I'm very much "live and let live" and "forgive & forget" to quote a couple of cliches that are still around because they contain wisdom I think. At least I am on some topics and angling is one of them. Racism is another because I was certainly one when I was a youngster. Raised that way and only started to think about things when I left home & parents.

As to the attitude adjustment, I'd like to think that comments from here did some good.

Doesn't apply to the UK much but in the US we have a majority of long-time carpers who have used treble hooks for most of their lives for carp. More than a few have been convinced to try singles after only a thread or two.

Other anglers who have only considered carp to be trash and spent years killing any they caught. And some have very quickly decided to try carp as a sport fish - and completely changed their attitudes. Many after lots of years of "killing the trash".

Never saw any purpose in continuing to berate them for earlier attitudes - no matter how recent.

Hard to tell with Craig if the change is in the way he deals with angling or the way he talks about it on here. But I don't see that it matters. And mostly, folks who change the way they talk about things tend to change the way they think about those same things.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i am totally reformed now as i am going to be fishing legally this season but am not going to be buying a full licence this year but i will be getting a day licence instead from my local post office whenever i can get a free day to myself to go fishing :) .

john wilson is god

Well if you do then I wish you tight lines.....

Paul