New guy needs help

karl wilson

Hi all, i work with a blind chap who wants to start going fishing but i just wanted to do some research into what equiptment might be needed and also to find out if there is any disabled angling groups in the leeds/ wakefield area of the UK.

thanks

Do you already fish yourself and just need to know what might be required that's different for a blind person (not really sure myself) or are you clueless about the whole thing? Is your colleague completely blind?

The link below may be of use.

British Disabled Angling Association

...also worth searching google for clubs in the area with disabled facilities

disabled angling, Leeds

Well if he was to fish a feeder and feel the line for bites that would be a good start. he would need to go with someone who knew how to set up and things. With a bit of guidence i think it would an enjoyable experience as the bites can be felt and the direction of the hooked fish would be felt. The sound of the fish on top of water would be heard. I am not blind and have no experience working with the blind but i should imagine the mixture of those things would create a good mental picture of the situation.

Alot of lakes also have good disabled swims with level platforms that have low rails around them.

sorry i could not help more !!!!!

If you get any good advice or info from anywhere please post it on this site so people on here will be able to help others in the future.