R. Loddon: pike?

I guess this is mainly aimed at Apache who fishes the Loddon at lot, as does his Dad

The Loddon runs into the Thames below Tywford, and I would like to know if there are any pike in the Loddon upstream towards Arborfield etc? And if so, are they treated properly (i.e. returned) by the barbel anglers .... I was wondering what the Aborfield AC rules say about this? :confused:

Cheers in advance for any info

DG

[ 29. July 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The Diamond Geezer:

I guess this is mainly aimed at Apache who fishes the Loddon at lot, as does his Dad

The Loddon runs into the Thames below Tywford, and I would like to know if there are any pike in the Loddon upstream towards Arborfield etc? And if so, are they treated properly (i.e. returned) by the barbel anglers .... I was wondering what the Aborfield AC rules say about this? :confused:

DG

[ 29. July 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The Diamond Geezer:

Apache ?

DG

[ 29. July 2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

My apologies DG, but I have been working late shifts and I can only go on the 'net after 6pm on weekdays.

I have only had one pike out of about 5lb by accident. When my rod was broken one of the regulars said that a couple of weeks before in roughly the same spot, someone else had their rod snapped by a pike estimated to be in the high twenties or low thirties. However, I am not sure how much is true and how much is exageration. there are certainly some big pike and perch in there.

From the Constitution of the Angling Club:

NOT use live bait for piking,

Treat all fish with care and release them as soon as possible,

Barbless hooks are recomended.

If I saw someone killing pike - or any fish, I would certainly stop and indicate my displeasure.

I will ask around next time I am down there and get back to you with details and records if you like?

Once again sorry for the delay.

[ 22. October 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Not a problem mate, I will be going down there sometime during the week, but I need to spea to the Match Secretary any way, so i will ask him about records ect.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts