Lynn Padarn near Llanberis North Wales

Rob Ward

Does anybody know if Coarse fish exist in the above?

The only reference I can find says 'Salmon, Sea Trout, Trout and Char as well as Coarse Fish' and doesn't mention any species.

Rob, in the last 9 years of visiting Llanberis and the area in general, 4 or 5 times a year, we've never seen anyone fishing it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

That surprises me apparently it's a decent game fishery, as I said though only seen the one mention of coarse fish stocks.

I may just have a go for the Mullet round the harbour at Canaerfon instead.

Mods, any chance of moving this to the Fly forum for me please? I might have a better chance of an answer from there!

Cheers in advance!

I've seen anglers legering in Llyn Cwellyn - presumably for char. Like others I've not seen anyone fishing Llyn Padarn, but it's got some good trout and char. There may be perch and pike, but I reckon that will be about all in terms of coarse species.

This pub Cwellyn Arms might be able to advise, it's the main source of information on angling the surrounding lakes and river. I've bought fly fishing tickets there previously for Cwellyn, Dwyarchen and Afon Gwyrfai. It's a fine pub too!

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."