New rod, new pin, new stretch new favourite

Kappa

Congratulations on a red letter day. Or should that be a red pin day.... B)

Congratulations , you've certainly been more successful than me. So far , I've fished both the Hampshire Avon and Thames , trotting a selection of baits , but , the rivers seem strangely out of sorts... Could someone please let me know from whom I can order one of the excellent AN centre pins ( in black of course ). ;)

I've got that rod too. I bought it last year and love it, lightest float rod I've used. I've noticed a lot of people leave the plastic wrapper over the cork, I can't see why.

I can't see why either; if you get water ingress between the plastic and the cork you will have a lovely patch of mildew I always remove the plastic before use.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest tigger

Richard, did you manage to get back for another days trotting on your river ?

I'm gonna try and have a few hours trotting this week myself.

A very nice bit of pioneering Rich! I'm especially jealous of the roach, I reckon there might just be the odd VERY big one tucked away somewhere there...

Richard showed me the stretch yesterday (I'd walked along it before but hadn't fished it) - it was blowing a gale and very bright so we struggled, but I did (eventually) land a new pb brownie, a huge wild fish of 2lb 8oz :o Not easy to persuade him to come upstream through the fast shallow water!

The new rod is really nice, what a way to christen it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I brought myself a new float rod today to match my new pin :)

I thought I'd test it out on a little Thames tributary, expecting little dace, and trout. Wow was I wrong! I had loads of chub most over a pound some up 2 and a half or so. It was amazing every likely looking spot was literally stuffed with fish! It took me 2 hours to cover about 100 yards of bank it was amazing!

Playing the chub was terrifying, this stream is very small and really shallow and trying to bring angry chub up against the flow was really tough!

Needless to say I'll be back tomorrow!

Here is a pic of one of the bigger chub and a bonus roach!

post-560-1214083530_thumb.jpg

post-560-1214083513_thumb.jpg

What a great session Rich. Good to see the reel doing the business..... a new rod too.....does the wife know :)