New Piking Aid?

easternangler

Just looked at the Harris Angling site and read about the Luhr Jensen hot shot side planer. Never heard of it before. It appears it is a device you attach to your line to enable you to fish a floating diver parallell with the opposite bank either by using the flow or walking along (or drifting etc in a boat). Sounds a neat idea but can't tell from the picture how big it is. Anybody seen or used it? How far does it fix above the lure.? If it's any distance it must be hard to hit the hooks home. Is it easy to cast?Sounds right up Peter Waller's street, look forward to your reply Peter.

I've only just ordered one, in the last ten minutes! Usual Harris price but nevertheless worth having, I hope. Pete Wadeson wrote an excellent article in Pike and Predators, henceforth known as PAP, a few years ago re their use for trolling the far bank of canals. Still reckon it was one of the better articles ever published in PAP. I reckon for trolling really tight to a reed bed that these could be the answer to a prayer. I long ago discovered that working / retrieving a lure parallel to the bank, or drop off, rather than casting to and retrieving from, will catch more pike.

Mostly boat-oriented but planner-board info Here and more Here with a page from Luhr Jensen to sorta round things off. :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It's arrived! Resembles something from a B movie version of Star Wars. It's a rather cute baby pink colour. The finish is what one might expect of a 1960's Kellogs Cornflakes assemble yourself giveaway space-ship. Five minutes with a craft knife has taken the rough edges off so I could put it together and yer know what? It does what it says on the packet! Not that I have caught anything with it yet. What's the opposite of a red letter morning? A green letter day perhaps? Maybe even a Black Letter Day. Don't know, but I've just had one. Beautiful dawn though.