Bagging Up On The Shannon

Elton

Posted on behalf of Mark:

quote:

Hi, I'm off to Ireland in September and will be staying in Athlone. Our host is a fisherman and knows some of the better local hot spots for bream fishing. Can anyone offer any tips for bagging up on the Shannon and Lough Ree around this area. How much bait and what sort for a weeks fishing, best methods and what tackle to take along. In short, anything that will make our visit more productive would be a great help.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

get to know the host. he will be able to drop you right on the bream around there. He will probably use local names for places you would never find - mickeys, tim's island . . place like that..

chuck in loads, don't worry about the quality of the bait . . everything is taken . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Fished at Athlone June 2001.Found the fish to be NOCTURNAL.The only time we had good fishing was as the sun was going down.So take a torch etc.The best areas where down river from the bridge off the platforms.You can park your car behind you. Also a good place is just up river from the bridge

opp the supermarket.You can take your car so far but you will have to walk 100yds or so.We will be going back to Arva this Sept to fish the Erne were you can catch all day long.Hope you have a good holiday.