catching carp

paul93

phone

my rig is a cage feeder on the mainline which is then prevented by slidingto the hook by a split shot. then theres a double overhand loop at the end. i atach the hooklength to that.

and yeah most of the time it comes back with no hook but sometimes it snaps where the hooklength is attached to the mainline. the hooklength are 7lb.

from what people have said im beginning to think my knot tying abilities (or lack of them) are to blame.

illl have practise them. thanks for the help

m Bi-winning" Charlie Sheen

if your snapping above the hook and your drag is set like you say then maybe your knot isnt very good. try a half blood knot or grinner knot (my 2 favorite)do a google image search and you will find instructions ;)

i was thinking, are you possibly putting too many loops in a blood knot (if this is what you are using 6 is enough). If you have a big long knot it can actually create a weak spot in the line and will cause frequent breakoffs.

gone