Beginer [Near Glasgow and need advice]

spartafan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi spartafan. I know we have some members who live up your way and probably when one of them sees the thread, they will post suggestions.

I just wanted to welcome you and I am changing the thread title a little to make it more specific.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya, welcome to AN mate....I'm never on the Course Forum btw, tho' I did do it many moons ago, in my mind, I would think that the Forth and Clyde canal will do you fine,I fished it for years,had some decent Tench,Pike and Perch out of it, you will catch just about every course fish that lives in Scotland in there,also, Hogganfield Loch...seemingly good for carp, Stathclyde Park....but dont know what can be caught there, and also Miggiescroft in Condorrat, a pay as you fish fishery....Hope these are of some help to you, till a more knowledgable course angler comes along..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

hi spartafan im also new to fishing and got great help from these forums. the day i went for my gear i met up with someone from these forums and went to the glasgow angling center in port dundas and then went to the forth and clyde canal which is a 10 minute walk from the angling center i caught a very small roach and the practice has done me alot of good, bit of advice is to take a friend when you go. although we never had any problems with neds you just never know around glasgow, tere is also a part of the forth and clyde called "the firhill basin" which is seemingly a great part to fish and is also in port dundas "near the glasgow angling center". if memory serves me right i heard someone mention they seen someone catch trout, and definetly pike

[ 10. August 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Andy_1984 ]

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

What type of fish would you like to catch spartafan and what distance do you wish to travel?.I would also highly recommend the forth and Clyde canal,the areas around Banknock twecher and Kirkintilloch are stuffed with fish and fairly safe to fish? also the clyde at Glasgow green has coarse fish.If you fancy a bit of scenery as well why not try Loch Lomond,its fairly close to Glasgow,the area around Balmaha is pretty good,hope this helps.

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

You have a Private Message in your Inbox.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I don't know yet. I haven't felt the force with this one yet...lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

If you've got a car go to Loch Lomond. Balmaha is a good place to fish, perch from near the boatyard, roach off the nearest island and dace from the mouth of the Endrick. Obviously you'll need a boat for some places and if you rent one it's quite expensive but you'll never fish anywhere nicer.