PowerPro Review

Elton

JTB

I see you're logged-on so I hope you're following this thread closely! Your review started it all off after all

Are you now doing some tests of your own like Poledark, Newt and me? I'd like to see how much that mono of yours stretches :rolleyes:

Apart from PowerPro, which other superbraids have you and your friends been trying-out?

DG

[ 15. September 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this turned into a very long thread.

Newt,

You were correct, I was out fishing and thankfully winning. I won the last 2 tournaments of one of the circuits I fish. This weekend was the super tournament and it was cold, windy and raining a ton. The river came up over a foot. Saturday the fishing was decent but sunday was a different story. After spending 3 hours trying to lock downriver to make the 50 mile run to my spot, the fishing was very slow. Then I had to make the run back up river and once again got caught by the locks. This time it was for 2 hours. I ended up being late to the weigh-in but thankfully I had a big lead from the first day and it helped that the 2 other guys in the top 3 were late also because of the locks.

The win this weekend gave me the 2003 Angler of the Year title. So now I am getting griped at over the trophies being in the living room. :D

Anyway,

I hope you all have fun testing the different lines. It will be interesting to read all of the results.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

Oh almost forgot.

DG,

No I am not doing ANY tests of my own. I don't have time. I will leave that up to you and the other experts.

I think mono probably stretches a lot more when it's wet. But you are the expert. I am just a dumb fisherman. :)

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

JTB

Firstly, congrats on N W Illinois Section 46# Angler of the Year 2003

nwillinois46.jpg

............... jtbaward.jpg

Secondly, you wrote Myself and several other anglers have done several hundred hours of “on the water” research to try to determine which line best suites our needs.

Now you can't say I'm going too deeply into what you wrote when I take it simply at face value. Well, reading what you wrote, if you & 5 other anglers have been testing and comparing 5 different super-braids to determine which line best suits your needs, then a quick check on my slide-rule shows that you can't have been spending more than about a week or so testing each line ..... or maybe there was a typo and you meant to say "several thousands of hours" :confused:

Still, you can't get better than N W Illinois Section 46# Angler of the Year 2003 (well, not in N W Illinois anyway :D )

nwillinois46.jpg

, whichever line you're plugging!

.............. jtbppaward2.jpg

DG :cool:

[ 18. September 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

Oh almost forgot.

DG,

No I am not doing ANY tests of my own. I don't have time. I will leave that up to you and the other experts.

I think mono probably stretches a lot more when it's wet. But you are the expert. I am just a dumb fisherman. :)

JT Bagwell

Nope, you're far from that ... you're N W Illinois Section 46# Angler of the Year 2003

nwillinois46.jpg

(equivalent to NW Middlesex in UK :D:D )

................... jtbaward.jpg

You did write, though, From the durability, cast ability and the extreme fish fighting power, this line has no equal. .... wanna bet?! What about some of the lines from the company that actually braids the Spectra, including making PowrPro for Konrad & Co at Innovative Textiles?

DG

[ 18. September 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

DG,

I think mono probably stretches a lot more when it's wet.

JT Bagwell

JTB

Well that's exactly why we condition it in water at 15.5 deg C for 2 hrs before we test it!

DG

[ 15. September 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG,

My trophy is a lot bigger than that one. :D

I am not going to mention the names of other lines that myself and my friends tried. I am not in the habit of mentioning products that I didn't particularly like. I only mention the ones that I do like. Some might not like this practice but it's my choice and that's all there is too it.

I think you are spending way too much energy worrying about what I wrote in a product review. The point of the review is simple. I feel that it is the best line that I have used and that is why I continue to use it. The review was just a way of expressing my feeling about the line to others. I am sure there are lines that others like better. That is great, you have to use what you like best.

You do your tests and publish the results. I will read the results and take in all the information. Just don't expect me to spend hours creating and replying to posts about your research. That takes too much time.

Good luck with the tests, I will be looking for the results.

JT Bagwell

[ 15. September 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Jeremiah T. Bagwell ]

dogfish:

.........Unfortunately it is difficult to find honest appraisals in the Angling press presumably for commercial and legal reasons.

You either have to learn the 'code' (read between the lines) or learn the hard way. The internet does go some way to address the problems but how do you judge objectivity ....

More power to the elbow of those who are testing etc. when they could be out fishing!

Best wishes

DF

........... jtbsponsors2003a.gif

NW Illinois (~1% of the USA) Angler of the Year 2003 :D

nwillinois46.jpg

............. judgerejtb.gif

laughbkt.gif

[ 18. September 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG,

Can I ask what your point is?

Ok let me guess, I can hear it now. I only say good things about PowerPro because they are a sponsor, right? Wrong.

I am sure there are some people that will plug any product for the right paycheck. Not me, I want to use something that works. Would $5,000 be enough to get you to use a fishing line that snapped everytime you set the hook? It wouldn't be enough for me. Every company that I work with, is a company who's products I had used and been happy with. I am just fortunate that have the ability to either get paid to use a product or simply get the product for free.

As I always say "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

JT Bagwell