Fishing in Marmaris. Turkey?

Errrm

Hiya,

I've finally been convinced to go on holiday (I hate taking time off work) and we're going to Marmaris in Turkey and I was wondering if anyone has been to this area and if they have any knowledge or tips about local fishing? I'm guessing it is mostly sea fishing and I have done some searches on google but there is nothing better than tips from people I trust :-)

Thanks for any tips or advice :-)

Hiya,

I've finally been convinced to go on holiday (I hate taking time off work) and we're going to Marmaris in Turkey and I was wondering if anyone has been to this area and if they have any knowledge or tips about local fishing? I'm guessing it is mostly sea fishing and I have done some searches on google but there is nothing better than tips from people I trust :-)

Thanks for any tips or advice :-)

I fish the other bank (Cyprus) and basically all that area of the Med' is alike. The harbours are full of small fish;- bream and mullet that locals catch using short poles and paste bait. If you can find some breadcrumbs in the supermarkets you can make your own groundbait and attract more fish than you can shake a rod at. I use bread paste if I can find the right sort of bread or make my own paste using local ingredients. It's a similar story from the rocks. Using breadflake on the surface can be exciting when the saddled bream are about. Chuck some bread out and keep your eye on it. Once the shoal builds up cast a hookbait in amongst them.

As always where there are small fish there are predators. You could catch bass if you fish at dusk or into the night. Drift a small deadbait (from the fish market) under a pike float or ledger it. You might get small moray eels at night. Spinning or plugging can be good towards nightfall.

Regards, Clive