Braid Twist Problem

Mark87

One thing I have noticed about this braid it the fact that it is flat in profile.

I don't believe flat braid actually twists more than round profile braids it simply just shows the twist more.All though like Newt Im not a lover of flat profile braids one such braid I have had a lot of experience of for many years is "Outcast" One of the first readily available braids in this country (89/90?) as it was wholesaled by LEEDA. I have some on my pike boat fishing multipliers and its easy to see all the twists in it....................but (I'm sure you getting fed up of me saying it!) had no problems with it in all these years!

I'm really mystified by this.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Newt,

While it's not germaine to Mark's problem, the same is true with spincast reels.

In fact, it may just be me but braid in general and spincast reels just don't "go together".

Phone

Never had any problems with braid (cant remember if it was Power Pro or Spiderwire but it was round profile and red! Newt?) when I spent two weeks fishing with Newt and used a couple of his ultra light weight out fits that had spin cast reels on them.

BUDGIE,

See, that is a prejudice on my part. I bet of the 100 or so reels I have I don't have braid of any sort on two. I'm afraid I just don't like braid and have no legitimate reason not to. I've really never given braid a real chance (and don't intend to).

I do have half a dozen or more rolls laying around. Anything from 6 to 90 lb tensile strength. Red?

Phone

BUDGIE,

Red?

Phone

Yes a couple of brands make red coloured braids now mate. Presumably because as red is the first colour to disappear under water they believe it will make it less obvious to fish! However we wont go into that one again! :rolleyes:

The real good thing about any red braid though is that it hasn't been very well recieved by anglers in the UK and so often sells for a lot less than the same braid coloured green! So not being a fashion victim a lot of us less gullible anglers are on a winner! Thanks tackle tarts! :D