Raker Lakes...Anyone?

dizidave

Got the first match of our season on Raker Lakes (Wheldrake)this saturday.

Has anyone fished it recently or have any info on what baits are doing well etc?

Thanks, Dave.

[ 09. June 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: dizidave ]

Hi dave,

I run all the open matches at Raker, we fished the last one last week (I was 5th with 34lb) if you let me know the lake your fishing I will fill you in on the methods etc. :D

Hi Dave,

I think your are on the Horse Shoe (if your club is the Starr Inn) It`s 17 to 21 meters to the far bank and if you want to catch a good bag of carp that`s where you need to be! we all tend to fish with the floating pole with meat, corn and bread as hook bait, if you don`t have a pole that long take a couple of carp wagglers or bomb rod to reach. It`s about 24" deep on most pegs tight to the far bank. If your going to fish bread the flake works best fished just under the surface but you can also catch on floating crust.

There are plenty of roach to be had on caster fishing shallow at 9 meters or so but you need to feed very often to get them up in the water pegs 5,9,11,23,25,28,29,fish ok close in but you have to be very carefull when putting your keepnet in don`t just throw it out or you will ruin your chance of catching. The top pegs are 1,6,7,11,14,15,16,18,19,21,22,30 good luck and let me know how you get on

Well you can't get better info than that!!!

Nice one kojak,it deserves a round of applause!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Bloody hell Kojak thanks alot!!!! yes it is the Star.

Wow.

I only have an 11m pole.

I was originally thinking of feeder fishing and using a margin pole close in.

Do you recommend a bomb rather than a feeder? Is it sufficient to just fish the hook bait without any feed?

Thanks alot for the info, Ill let you know how i do.

Hi Dave,

The only bans are bloodworm,joker and barbed hooks. keepnets are supplied and you must dip your landing net. Make sure you bring your waggler and bomd rod, I fish with 3lb main line on both and a high tech hook lengh of 4lb plus.

A good tip is to fish a crust on the bomb tight to the far bank (whithin 12") if possible, take a few with you in case of any mishaps.

P.S crystal carp wagglers of about 2 swan shot are perfect for reaching the far bank on float, (make sure your line sinks)