Family day out

manse

Can anyone help ??.

I'm looking for a place to fish, pool,lake ,river anything really that has a park/play area near to keep the wife n kids happy for the day :) , in the Mids area or nearish.

Bewdley /Stourport/Worcester is near but to my knowledge dont think there's a place they can go.

Cheers all..

Manse, don't know if the Gloucester area is any good to you, but you could try the cotswolds water park. The place is unreal. There are loads of lakes (more than 30 !!) and lots for the mrs and kids to do. get the number for the tourist info centre in gloucester from directory enquiries and ask them to send you some details for the park.

Evesham. The Town water where they hold (held) the John Smiths festival on the Avon has a big common and play park right by the waters edge. I think (don't quote me!) it's free fishing too.

Paul

Shatterford Lakes & Country Park has a Wildlife park, farm animals and the like for kids as well as good fishing (both coarse & trout). It's just north of Kidderminster on the Bridgenorth road (A442)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

derby any good to ya?

markeaton park is a large leaning towards the enormous park, including the usual swings, slides and round-a-bouts. also got crazy golf, pony rides in peak season, canoes for kids or rowing boats for adults, mini electric go karts massive paddling pool, train to take you round, scenic gardens,pitch and put golf, craft village and on and on and on....oh yes its also got a lake in fact a "huge" lake day ticket (about 3-4 quid i think) i admit its quite hard fished but its got about every species going "large" pike sizable carp well into double figures big tench plus roach bream perch dace gudgeon and rudd. if that doesn't do you all round nowt will ... hope its near enough ..good luck.

p.s it also situated directly across from a mc donalds if the kids get peckish and 100 yards down from there is a decent pub with a beer garden :D

fat, stupid hobbit.