Losing interest in fishing-What is happening to me!

davedave

Well I've totally lost all the enthusiasm I had for fishing, to the extent that I didn't bother to renew my rod licence at the beginning of the season...I did manage one day (with a daily rod licence bought on line) but it didn't really do anything for me...

I really don't know what's up with me, but I just cant seem to summon up any enthusiasm, to the extent that I'm going to resign my Angling Club committee post at our Annual General Meeting next month and hopefully get someone more involved to take my place. It's not fair to the members if I haven't got the time or the inclination...

It's been a pretty tough year personally with one thing and another, and fishing really has taken a back seat to my other activities and commitments...my best fishing buddy is shortly moving away from the area, which will leave me stuck for transport, so it seems the sensible option.

I'm going away for a long holiday on the canal in October...hopefully by then I will have regained at least some interest....

I wouldn't say that I've given up angling, as it's been a passion for quite a while....I still love it, and remember all the fun times I've had...I just can't seem to get motivated at the moment.

Janet

Oh dear, Janet! And you were my inspiration for getting back on my feet and out there on the bank! Hope your personal circs have perked up, sorry you've lost a fishing buddy, but don't let that deter you from the sport. You have a lot to give the fishing fraternity, even if you recognise your limitations, don't underestimate your importance! Still looking forward to that trip to yours some time so don't give up!!!!!!!!!

Linda

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic