PAC (only those interested please)

Guest G. Reaper

Guest Marcus Aurelius
Originally posted by waterman1013:

Marcus

"Oh I see. the fact that they actually got well up into Scotland and also built another wall isnt available in your version of history then?"

No actually I didn't know that, but then at least they left us a sense of humour. smile.gif

I appreciate the history lesson, though. Thanks. How far north did they go and how long did they stay?

We would all appreciate it if you could look inside your toga, you will find you are just the same as the rest of us. Trying hard but fallible. smile.gif

Not wearing a toga! Im still wearing me tropicals after my desert campaign, still...i must sort out some furs before i get back to Germania!

A certain Antoninus did a little civil engineering, that ran from Glasgow to Edinburgh approximately. they also had good run around up as far as Loch Tay, I expect they were having a go at the pike as well!

If I remember right the ones who actually stopped them were the 'Picti' or picts, they dont have a proper name. The Romans called them that because they wrote in 'pictures'!

I havent registered cos Im incognito, as valid as Leon's whispers around the door dont you think? As long as your making a valid statement.

Not once under this pseudonymn have I slagged off anyone, even though they were being quite offensive, registered or not!

Ave!

Guest Nev Fickling

I really, really hate to say this, but has Ray Rodgers flipped? Look if it will make you happy, come up here for a day and find out the facts. If not shut up!

Guest pikelines editor

Ray,

Doubtless, the reply is here...

The echo still reverberates, more supposition penned by the mis-informed.

You really are clutching at straws broken by sad people intent of stirring it and wrecking not just PAC, but angling as a whole.

They've sucked you right in I'm afraid...

Very sad replies to my positive points

and not one of them is true.

Tell me, will your last postings dissapear as well?? Ugh.

No doubt you will respond!..

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Alan Pearce

Who is this Roy Rogers anyway? I thought he was inviting people to a PAC meet in Camb's, even made a note in my diary. Now he seems set on trying to damage the good name of PAC, Why why why.

Hey I've an idea why don't we arrange a meeting between all those at odds with each other and see if a solution can be found. Yeah I know we have done this before, but if needs be it can be done all over again. And everyone wants this to be sorted, don't they. Right so all those with a problem, list them here so that an agenda can be produced and due process begun.

Guest pikelines editor

Ray,

Just to add, nice touch with the plug for your new website, sorry, you took it out of context, I'm talking about PAC's new website which Lumby is getting off the ground.

Thanks for taking the PAC links off your site, we don't want anyone to be mis-guided to older sites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Paul Williams

Ray,

You have totally and utterly lost me!! back in the thread i was under the impression you were FOR the PAC!!

Guest pikelines editor

Re: Alans posting...

The meeting you speak about took place today at the invitation of the PAC Committee.

Those who did not attend to air their views cannot complain as an opportunity

was given to discuss things.

I duely thank all those who did make the journey over to attend and contribute.

Time to move on...

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Dave Lumb

As President of PAC I have had enough of this bloomin' nonsense.

I resign.

Dave Lumb

PS Sorry to get you goin' kiddies. That was just another lie from the PAC Committee!!! If you haven't guessed, I can't take this thread seriously any more. But I'll keep lurkin' to have a laugh.

Ta ta.

Guest Alan Pearce

Steve for the record who attended the meeting. I hope it went well, can you report all or some here?

Best wishes

Alan

PS Dave you can't resign 'cause your sacked! tongue.gif and I want my rattle back.

[This message has been edited by Alan Pearce (edited 04 March 2001).]

Guest Bruno Broughton

Ray

I don't think you and I know each other. Nevertheless, I hope you will accept some friendly advice. Please, please: stop posting on this subject because you are coming across as a complete and total doughnut. Sadly, it will influence how others treat you in future, not just on AN but in the general angling fraternity.

As I said, just some friendly advice.

------------------

Bruno

[This message has been edited by Bruno Broughton (edited 04 March 2001).]