I Resent . . . .

Guest Peter Waller

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by trent.barbeler:

Peter,

TRENT. It is how you see others and their fishing practices that I cant agree on.

PETER. I only object to a particular fishing method when I feel that it is detrimental to the sport of others. I might have a poke at the carp fraternity, who tend to bite rather easily. Like a lot of people it does worry me that what is right for carp is considered right for other species.

TRENT. Correct me if I am mistaken but you seem mainly to be opposed to the use of four rods

and to some people in angling political positions misrepresenting either yourself or others.  Could you tell me what these dubious fishing practices are?  Perhaps in detail.

PETER. The four rod arguement has been gone into in great depth previously on AnglersNet. It all on record. As for people in angling politics, this also has been gone into in great depth in posting re the SACG. My opinion and that of Steve Pope, a man with whome I tend to concur, are all on record.

TRENT. As for the political people you seem to be

concerned about, why dont you name them and give us all your reasons for your concerns?

PETER. Please see previous posting re the SACG

It is not libelous to criticise or give your opinions.  I for one would respect you for doing so.

PETER. Trent, I don't know your name, I wonder why you are asking these questions now, so close to SAA elections, and in the tone that you are. It does smack of mischief making! Or electioneering.

TRENT. If in the event I myself am one of those you are concerned about, I would be only to happy to stand my corner on this open forum.

PETER. No Trent, you are not the person whome I feel unsuited for election. This near to the elections is not, I don't think, the time to name names. Once again my opinion has been posted on AnglersNet and once again I concur with Steve Pope______________________________

TRENT. I am quite sure others would do the same  

if given the oportunity.

This stance you have seems to be very important to yourself and is reflected in the number of times you bring it up on various posts.

Why dont you once and for all, name names and give details of ALL your concerns then we can all finally put this one to bed.

PETER. My concerns have been well aired previously re the SACG, its on record if you would care to look.

I would ask all those hoping to be on the SAA committee to put personal ambition to one side, ask themselves and others as to whether they are capable of talking on behalf of their members and, at the highest level, representing Angling. Reading the postings of various hopefuls does leave me with the opinion that there are some ideal candidates out there, and atleast one useless one! And that name is on record, for those who care to sift it out. This first committee is important. Get it wrong and support for the SAA could walk right out the door.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 18 April 2001).]

Guest trent.barbeler

Peter,

First things first, although my first name has appeared many times before in this forum,

you obviously missed it.

It is Lee.

As far as I have read Peter, you have NOT answered any of my questions directly. What you HAVE done is gone around them.

I have looked into threads past, the Angling Unity thread especially and can find not one instance where you actually NAME NAMES of those you find unacceptable to fill poltical posts.

The fishing practices of others was also skirted around.

From your last posting on this thread, you appear to have narrowed down your opposition

to some angling politicians to just one name.

Quote; "and at least one useless one".

I ask once again Peter. Who is he?

And, what are your reasons for beleiving he is useless? Why cant you just give some straight forward answers to some straight forward questions?

As you asked, I went back into old threads but could not find the answers to my questions. Also, why do you ask me to sift through them when you could just simply answer them?

I am heartened by the fact that you dont consider myself unsuited for election. Not so heartened by your assumption that I may be mischief making or electioneering.

Your assumption on those counts are wholly untrue.

Also Peter, it makes no difference whatsoever to the SAA elections if you name names. We all have our opinions about those we shall be supporting if their names come up for election. Your opinions will not change that.

So, without asking me to go on a paper chase. I ask again.

What exactly are these dubious fishing practices you reffer to?

Will you actually name names of those you feel are useless politically and give your exact reasons why?

Not so hard to do, is it Peter?

Guest Peter Waller

I'm sorry Lee, my answer stands. I am happy that I have answered your questions in sufficient depth. If you are unsatisfied then so be it. If I were to go into greater depth then all you and I would achieve is a great deal of aggrevation, which, quite frankly, I can do without. I would also say that I am quite satisfied with the answers that I have recieved from others. I'm sorry Lee, I won't be drawn any further on this matter. I would also add that, Lee, I fail to see what you hope to achieve by your stance and antagonistic style of questioning. You are, to my way of thinking, loosing some credibility by it.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 19 April 2001).]

Guest trent.barbeler

Peter,

So then, you wont be answering my questions.

Fair enough. I never thought you would.

No point keep knocking on a door with no one behind it.

You question my tone and imply that I am either mischief making or electioneering.

Now you imply my credibility whatever that means is being lost.

What's the matter Peter, can't you enter into a opposing debate without having to resort in making insolent remarks about a persons good character.

It seems to me and unlike you I will not call upon others for any support, that it is YOU who want to impose YOUR will on others not the other way around as you claim.

If angling credibility comes via working hard for those I am elected to represent then so be it. If it doesn't then so be it also. Credibility is of no importance to me. What IS important to me is angling and anglers themselves.

I could care less whether they fish with one rod or four rods. Its their choice, not mine or yours. Bleeting on and on about this and other issues is getting you knowhere.

Watch that digging though Peter, your hole is becoming very big and a tad boring.

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Touche Lee!

Pete

I note with interest your concerns on this thread and others about the newly forming SAA and the things you’ve said about SACG & NASA. These observations lead to ask just one question of you, “You will be attending the formation meeting of the SAA on the 18/5/01, won’t you?

Guest trent.barbeler

Phil,

Oooopps. Slight booboo there mate.

The meeting is on the 13th not the 18th.

We woundn't want Peter to use this as an excuse for not being there now would we.

Kick of is at 10am. Bring ya brains Peter.

Guest Chris B

Like Peter I'm a pike angler and I'm in agreement with a lot of what he has said.

Angling practices - try jerk baiting with massive meat hooks, deep hooking fish and leaving traces/trebles in them, bad manners afloat (motoring through other people's swims/making a load of row right next to someone and then clearing off if they aren't a local etc...)

These are concerns of a lot of people in East Anglia, myself included.

They are part of the reason that a Broads angling code of practice is being drawn up by various bodies.