Is the Senko craze in the UK?

Jeremiah T. Bagwell

Glad you liked the Exudes, some of the Floridian seatrout, redfish etc fishermen regard them as a 'secret weapon'. The only gripe I have with

these baits is that don't appear to make them in big pike size bites. My ideal would be a big fat smelly slug about 8-10 inches long. Forget bulldawgs they never really worked for me, something like a giant Senko or Exude would.

Yesterday was a washout Peter, loads of tentative grabs and a few small fish. Back on the Thames tomorrow and the Yare on wednesday.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

So Trev's 12 was the fish of the day then! Makes a change for the fat man then!!

Rumour has it that C.B. has not being doing so well lately on the Yare. Don't know if that's true or not, hope that you do well.

Real washout for yours truly today as well. What's going on??!

Hmmm, seems to have grown since I netted it on sunday morning !

Don't believe the rumours, Charlie B. has had some good fish in the last 2/3 weeks. A few twenties amongst them too.

What's going on ?

Well water clarity for a start. Definitely a day for bright shiny with bells and whistles lures.

Also how about 'too much food in the system'

Drop a lure on their heads and they went for it as a pure reflex action, pull it past their nose and give them a choice and they wouldn't chase it. Dead slow and small seemed to be the only chance.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'