sustainable fishing fleets of the eu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7469109.stm

Can anyone say that this type of fishing is sustainable or legal. Why is it continuing.

Within the report is: the spanish fish for undersize tuna. Why?

Legally landed and documented is 50-60 thousand tonnes, yet the recommendation is for 15, with the high risk of collapse.

Illegal use of spotter planes.

The Italian fleet have overshot their quota between 100 to 240% Was that by accident?

French trawlers at sea for twenty one days without registering or declaring any catches. Have they been fuel subsidised by any chance? Also are they cheating? Transshippments by any chance.

If this is correct reporting, it don't bode well, and they are complaining about the early closing of the fishery.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

hi barry, cant be 100% sure, but i think the small tuna are put into "growing on" enclosures. these definatly exist,they are situated off the coast of cartagena, and mazzaron.(murcia)

ref that other link from leon. the "indefinate strike" that the reporter talks about regarding the spanish fleet.......finished at least a month ago,when 11,000 boats went back to work on the same day.

there are other inacuracies too, but im in a rush now.

• 1 month later...

How does he find the time to be an expert on everything from Nuclear power to fisheries?

Never mind nanny knows best, its really London that knows best?

Simple question for George and Leon; name the species that UK, or lets be generous and say any, commercial fishermen have driven to extinction?

Given the horrendous loss of freshwater species as Chinese/thai/malayasian factories rush to build fishing tackle, blenders, mixers, name your desire.... Its surely fair that those pointing to the " evil commercials" and their "destruction" of our world can actually back it up?

From all i've read or seen they can't.

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• 3 weeks later...
How does he find the time to be an expert on everything from Nuclear power to fisheries?

Never mind nanny knows best, its really London that knows best?

Simple question for George and Leon; name the species that UK, or lets be generous and say any, commercial fishermen have driven to extinction?

Given the horrendous loss of freshwater species as Chinese/thai/malayasian factories rush to build fishing tackle, blenders, mixers, name your desire.... Its surely fair that those pointing to the " evil commercials" and their "destruction" of our world can actually back it up?

From all i've read or seen they can't.

Seems its the same old same where not one of the media connected" loud voices" can actually point to a species that the commercials have driven to extinction?

Given the world in which we live this seems amazing to me. Im curious why so much money is raised and spent to attack commercial fishermen when from what i can see they are not exactly in the champions league of mans effect on the planet..

Seems its the same old same where not one of the media connected" loud voices" can actually point to a species that the commercials have driven to extinction?

Given the world in which we live this seems amazing to me. Im curious why so much money is raised and spent to attack commercial fishermen when from what i can see they are not exactly in the champions league of mans effect on the planet..

I would imagine it would be virtually impossible to drive a fish stock to extinction bearing in mind that most of the planet is saltwater compared with land mass. However we are continually being told that the stocks are depleted or seriously depleted. Are you therefore saying that there isn't a problem and the guys who at present are painting a picture of low fish stocks are incorrect?

What about the eu guy, joe bogey or whatever his name is, he is looking for substantial cuts in the eu fleet, whats that about.

Whatever happened to the herring industry in the north sea and the south west for example. What about tuna no longer avalible in the north sea, they used to be and the advise at present that they are seriously depleted due to overfishing by the eu fleet in the med. What about comments from commercial guys down the south west who concede that the bass is overfished, is that no concern? Or ain't it happening, i dunno.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I would imagine it would be virtually impossible to drive a fish stock to extinction bearing in mind that most of the planet is saltwater compared with land mass. However we are continually being told that the stocks are depleted or seriously depleted. Are you therefore saying that there isn't a problem and the guys who at present are painting a picture of low fish stocks are incorrect?

What about the Eu guy, joe bogey or whatever his name is, he is looking for substantial cuts in the eu fleet, whats that about.

Whatever happened to the herring industry in the north sea and the south west for example. What about tuna no longer avalible in the north sea, they used to be and the advise at present that they are seriously depleted due to overfishing by the eu fleet in the med. What about comments from commercial guys down the south west who concede that the bass is overfished, is that no concern? Or ain't it happening, i dunno.

You imagine its hard to drive a saltwater species to extinction and i'd imagine the same fwiw ;) , but i disagree that we have ONLY been "continually told the stocks are depleted or seriously depleted" ;IMHO thats just spin - green groups, a few scientists in need of funding and fame, and sadly it seems.... also RSA reps have jumped right in with two feet to endorse all the misinformation about extinctions that happens to sell.

The point is that their agenda is not about fish stocks at "x", "y" or "z" level at all, yet as a commercial or RSA that surelyis where its all at?

Its dead easy and logical for the interest groups to lay into the fishermen while ignoring their own problems ( seems to be the British disease atm imo, for whatever thats worth) There is so much complexity there surely? and yet it gets reduced to the media reporting the "findings" (always fear inducing - so much better to rouse the mob in us all?) of scientific cliques that just happen to have been funded (by billionaire oil money) to come up with exactly what they were paid to do.

I have banged on about the Pew commission and the sheer cash they have to buy whatever world-view they wish, and no doubt look an idiot for doing so. I suspect things are going to change real fast though Barry - its amazing how tough times bring out truth and all the expensive crap falls away? However of a nutter or idiot you may think i am Barry, go take a look at Pew and make your own mind up.

I doubt you will find a single Scottish commercial (at least not one with an investment in it... ) that would disagree that fish stocks are not what they could be. It seems barking mad to me that anyone would imagine they don't care about this ?! Fishstock health means EVERYTHING to them in a way that all the groups going for them will never understand or really actually yhave to worry about.

Fuel prices were crazy low in the 80's ($10 a barrel or less as i remember.... dubious :D ), which funnily enough,! led to bigger engines, more power, so the viable use of new heavy gear like rockhoppers on virgin hard ground. In the background you had (imho) a power war in the civil service as all those entrenched postions In MAFF (the English Defra of its time) developed over years of the Humber distant water cod fleet , resisted the the reality of change as the share owned inshore fleet expanded.

We saw the removal of the ban on inshore trawling in Scotland, the relaying of information through the papers instead of through the people expected to act, and the quiet selling off of huge areas of the Uk seabed. Much of it pre internet so of course clearly untrue....

If you want "Joe Bogeys" real name then you got google m8 ;) Same for the SW herring and those amazing north sea tuna which funnily enough never attracted a commercial fishery... .. must have been morality and respect for RSA wishes that stopped investing their cash in that species? :D Big fat tuna and yet no evil commercial going for it? That would have my dog sniffing at the lamp-Post of the author :)

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Guest challenge
You imagine its hard to drive a saltwater species to extinction and i'd imagine the same fwiw ;) , but i disagree that we have ONLY been "continually told the stocks are depleted or seriously depleted" ;IMHO thats just spin - green groups, a few scientists in need of funding and fame, and sadly it seems.... also RSA reps have jumped right in with two feet to endorse all the misinformation about extinctions that happens to sell.

The point is that their agenda is not about fish stocks at "x", "y" or "z" level at all, yet as a commercial or RSA that surelyis where its all at?

Its dead easy and logical for the interest groups to lay into the fishermen while ignoring their own problems ( seems to be the British disease atm imo, for whatever thats worth) There is so much complexity there surely? and yet it gets reduced to the media reporting the "findings" (always fear inducing - so much better to rouse the mob in us all?) of scientific cliques that just happen to have been funded (by billionaire oil money) to come up with exactly what they were paid to do.

I have banged on about the Pew commission and the sheer cash they have to buy whatever world-view they wish, and no doubt look an idiot for doing so. I suspect things are going to change real fast though Barry - its amazing how tough times bring out truth and all the expensive crap falls away? However of a nutter or idiot you may think i am Barry, go take a look at Pew and make your own mind up.

I doubt you will find a single Scottish commercial (at least not one with an investment in it... ) that would disagree that fish stocks are not what they could be. It seems barking mad to me that anyone would imagine they don't care about this ?! Fishstock health means EVERYTHING to them in a way that all the groups going for them will never understand or really actually yhave to worry about.

Fuel prices were crazy low in the 80's ($10 a barrel or less as i remember.... dubious :D ), which funnily enough,! led to bigger engines, more power, so the viable use of new heavy gear like rockhoppers on virgin hard ground. In the background you had (imho) a power war in the civil service as all those entrenched postions In MAFF (the English Defra of its time) developed over years of the Humber distant water cod fleet , resisted the the reality of change as the share owned inshore fleet expanded.

We saw the removal of the ban on inshore trawling in Scotland, the relaying of information through the papers instead of through the people expected to act, and the quiet selling off of huge areas of the Uk seabed. Much of it pre internet so of course clearly untrue....

If you want "Joe Bogeys" real name then you got google m8 ;) Same for the SW herring and those amazing north sea tuna which funnily enough never attracted a commercial fishery... .. must have been morality and respect for RSA wishes that stopped investing their cash in that species? :D Big fat tuna and yet no evil commercial going for it? That would have my dog sniffing at the lamp-Post of the author :)

Chris

:clap:

Funny, brilliant and amusing, a bit like remembering time by the things that take your breath away rather than measuring time with the breaths you take. :thumbs:

Regards.