------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by big tinca (edited 15 June 2001).]

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Gray-Catchpole:

shim, who is cheating?

for instance, ashleys fish was caught using corn and meat, no ground bait or aditives at all, im getting really fed up with this holier than though attitude(not directed at you shim) how many perfect saint anglers are there ????

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It has nothing to do with being holier than thou at all. It is a known scientific fact that high oil content in fish foods can kill fish, thats all I mentioned. If you can squeeze the oil from the bait then it is in the bait in quantities that can cause harm.

As Shimano says this site is for giving opinions FACTS etc, why the anger.

You ask us to read an interview, I went and read the said interview, I came back here and stated a fact about bait and oil content which is talked about in the Interview and you go into one.

I did not even mention Ashley or any fish that he has caught and I do not really care what he caught or what on, my post was about the oil content in the pellets.

Why is is that everytime I post or mention anything to do with fish welfare you get angry?

Sorry if it angered you, I was only stating a fact.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 15 June 2001).]

Guest Gray-Catchpole

chris

the comment about ashley was aimed at shim.

the pellets are developed with carp in mind, and they clearly state that the pellets are fish freindly.

i dont get angry chris, its more you jumping down my throat every time i mention anything silly

i use the bait because it works, and i am assured that they are not harmfull to fish.

if you can prove to me, that these particular pellets are harmfull to fish, and i mean prove not just your own opinions, i will stop using them.

thats a promise,

------------------

Email:

Guest Chris Shaw

Seeing as I can not draw you into any form of sensible discussion on the oil content issue, can I suggest that you contact Dr Bruno Broughton who uses these forums and has written papers on the effects of oil content on fish/carp in anglers baits.

Now if you wish to continue the discussion with him then you may just stop using those oil saturated pellets.

---------------------------------

A few of Dr Bruno Broughtons own words.

It's a complicated subject but - as a guide -trout pellets are fine in small quantities; when used to excess, the high oil/high protein content can (not 'will') compromise and degrade the immune system of fish, leading to outbreaks of bacterial and viral infections which, otherwise, the fish can fend off.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Gray-Catchpole

chris note the "can not will"

like i said if you prove to me that these particular pellets are harmfull, then i will stop using them, im not a fool, i dont want to harm fish, this is a genuine comment on my part, not a petty challenge, i have fish well being upermost in my thoughts at all times.

------------------

Email:

Guest Simon Newbould
Originally posted by Gray-Catchpole:

chris note the "can not will"

Gray,

Are you willing to take that chance then mate?

Simon

Guest Gray-Catchpole

no simon

ok i will start again.

we are talking about silly pellets here.

sillybait state that there pellets are fish freindly, this means to me they are safe to use, and the fact that Van den Eynde are now distributing them, goes to show some research must have been done.

now as i have said if this is wrong, and can be proved, that these particular pellets are harmfull, i will stop using them, surly i cant say fairer than that can i?

------------------

Email:

Guest Chris Shaw

If you would like to check back through your carp fishing history then you will find out about the carp deaths at Harefield, when the autopsy's on the carp where carried out, high oil content in there diet was a leading factor to their deaths.

I do not know other than to slap a dead carp in your lap that has died through eating a high oil content diet, what I can say.

The high oil content can damage the carps immune system leaving them open to inffections.

If you wish to take that chance then carry on.

------------------

Chris Shaw