Fishing in Nottingham

corydoras

Hi All

I am currently staying at the Nottingham City Centre premier Lodge and I have noticed that there is a little bit (or maybe even a big bit) of canal close by. Does anyone know whether or not this is free fishing or where I can get a day or weekly permit, and what would I be likely to catch?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

hi corydoras,

are you talking about castle marina? next to macdonalds, sainsburys,? if so fishing is free or day ticket on the bank,there are a good head of mixed course fish and pike,not heard of any big fish from there though but could be wrong as i have not personaly fished it!

cheers (MM) :D

maggot man:

hi corydoras,

are you talking about castle marina? next to macdonalds, sainsburys,? if so fishing is free or day ticket on the bank,there are a good head of mixed course fish and pike,not heard of any big fish from there though but could be wrong as i have not personaly fished it!

cheers (MM) :D

I am not sure. There is a bar/restuarant nearby (on the side of the canal/river) called Hooters. It is very close to the BBC and the new NHS place. The nearest streets to it are London Road and 'City Link'

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Hello there

There is a place called Beeston Marina, here you can park behind where you fish or a slight walk you can fish the Boots Factory pegs, all are ok.

You can also fish the Trent @ Beeston Weir, drive down the canal rd until the road stops and walk across the bridge over the canal.

Just follow the signs for Beeston Marina

Hope this helps

GW

This bit of canal I can see from my hotel window comes off the Trent and runs parallel with London Road (A60?) for a bit then it bends round towards the train station and runs between Canal Street and Station Street. The Premier Lodge is just on this bend in the canal. I can see the bit I want to fish from from my hotel window I just need to know if I need a ticket.

[ 01. July 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

hi corydoras

the canel thats next to hooters is good fishing there are some big chub and carp around there a 30lb plus came out there last season and was in the nottingham post! so good luck!

cheers (MM)

[ 01. July 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: maggot man ]

maggot man:

hi corydoras

the canel thats next to hooters is good fishing there are some big chub and carp around there a 30lb plus came out there last season and was in the nottingham post! so good luck!

cheers (MM)

But do I need a permit or is it free?

maggot man:

corydoras,

tickets are on the bank as far as i know! just go and fish! and have a better day than me as im off to my nice hot and sweaty factory!! tight lines, :P:P

(MM)

Cheers mate. I will investigate later tonight when I get back to the hotel.

Nottingham Federation run the stretch - available on day ticket. Try the pegs alongside London Road in the 170s (opposite the pruned back willows). It's like an aquarium, with big perch (some going bigger than 3 pounds) in residence.