New to kayaking

Gw470

Hi all,

Just to introduce myself.

I've rented a scabby old kayak a few times and have enjoyed every minute on it so I have bit the bullet and bought a wilderness tarpon 100. Not yet taken it out but have herd good reports on them.

I'm from Taunton in the southwest. I'm originally a carp angler but have moved to the sea fishing side. I used my carp rods whilst I rented a kayak but at 13ft they are far too big. I'm now looking for some good small cheap rods if anybody knows of a good rod for cod and conga eels.

Thanks Rob.

Hi all,

I've rented a scabby old kayak a few times and have enjoyed every minute on it so I have bit the bullet and bought a wilderness tarpon 100. Not yet taken it out but have herd good reports on them.

I'm from Taunton in the southwest. I'm originally a carp angler but have moved to the sea fishing side. I used my carp rods whilst I rented a kayak but at 13ft they are far too big. I'm now looking for some good small cheap rods if anybody knows of a good rod for cod and conga eels.

Thanks Rob.

Rob i bought a Tarpon 120 angler last week and couldn`t believe how stable they are compared to my old sit in kayak ,going to use mine for Pike fishing the Thames mainly with a bit at sea after bass on the fly .

Anglers afloat forum is a good place for info on the rods Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hi all,

Thanks Rob.

Welcome Rob B)

The buttons available just below a post are a little confusing. Unfortunately there is no way for us to change them. To make a normal reply you either need to move to the bottom of the topic or else activate the "quick reply" box that will then be available at the bottom of each page.

an-reply.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President