somewhere to bag up wanted

philafc

i know its always slow at this time of year,but i was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a water in the,newport,cardiff,bristol,sort of area that was fishing well at the moment,a carp on pole sort of thing....thanks for your help

Bagwood is a speci carp lake apache.

Bitterwell is on good form for skimmers and some carp are coming out on the pole to chopped worm and casters.

Bullocks is fishing excently. If you are after small silver fish and carp. the new ruchcombe lake has just opened. and 2-8oz carp are coming out a fish a chuck.

Click here for Bullocks fram.

Plantaion is very near Bullock farm but it isnt fishing aswell at the moment.

Your best bet is probably Bullocks.

Bitterwell Lake! That brings back some memories!used to fish there about thirty years ago.Happy memories. For the area you are asking about I thought Gray Catchpole would be the best man on here to answer that.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good Choice.

If your fishing any of the lakes apart from the Carp Lake scale your tackle right down.

3-4 lb Mainline.

2-3 lb Hook length.

If fishing ledger fish a very small weight.

1/4 oz etc.

If on the float. Maggots and casters work well this time of year.

Chopped worm can get the perch and crucians going.

Hope This helps.