POLES

Guest ROD NUDD

Guest ROD NUDD

IVE BEEN FISHING THE POLE ABOUT 12 MONTHS (MAVER STRONGARM) & AM READY TO UPGRADE TO A BETTER/LONGER/LIGHTER POLE ABOUT 14.5MTRS

I'VE GOT ABOUT £500 NOTES CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME RECOMENDATIONS. I MAINLY MATCH/CARP FISH.

Guest big tinca

Hey rod, i welcome you to anglersnet.

Anyway about poles if you wish to upgrade your pole how the newish maver iron arm.

I think it comes at 14mtr standard and exstentions and spare tops are really cheap.

I think you would be able to get about 16 mtr of pole for your budget.

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

Guest matt_shaw

Today it is hard to get a bargin, when it comes to poles. There are many poles on the market, fitting many budgets. However i'm afraid that gone are the days when you could buy the Faps Pentium 14.5m match pole for £675. This is the pole i have, its really light and very stiff - liken it to the old Daiwa Tournament-S, i was going to buy that until i held this Faps.

Anyhow i'm 19 years old and i can tell you that your lucks in. If you had £999 to spend you can get the Daiwa Tournament 412 (the carp version of the Tournament 410). However having £500 forget the other poles for the moment look at the Faps Chronos @ 14.5m. It's available from Trinders Tackle for £499. Its not made anymore as the Chronos but repackaged as another Faps pole. For this price you get a 14.5m pole and 2 spare top 3's. Trust me the pole is excellent, better than the other poles up to 500+.

Don't take my word for it, hold one yourself and see!!

Contact Trinders Tackle on (01327) 340002 and ask for Ken or Adam or visit http://www.trinderstackle.co.uk and e-mail ken direct at ken@trinderstackle.co.uk.

---------------------------------------------

I know this sounds like a big sales pitch for Trinders Tackle, but believe me i have no connections with this shop, it's just that Faps pole that keeps me tossing and turning in bed! I have to control my feelings - i want you to get the best pole for your money. HAVE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF

BTW - Tell me if you have held the pole or have bought it, then i can tell you, "i told you so!"

------------------

Happy fishing

-------------

ECO Timber Panals, Lodge Farm Industrial estate.

The Eco-lodgic, Eco-nomic choice on wood

Tel.(01604) 759222

Guest scoobs11

i love my map match pole rrp£1250 but they sell for £499 for that you get 14.5 mtrs

3 top 3's + 2 power top 2's which are as long as a top 3

give chapmans a ring as they did stock them

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

Guest shimano49

i've recently purchased a milo carp 2000 and i can honestly say it is the best carp pole i have had so far,i originally bught it at 13m but then bought the extension for another 100 quid,i can recommend these poles,(elton the word pole is allowed then,see **** walker)but saying that i've yet to have a lump on it (15lb +).

shimano

• 10 years later...
i've recently purchased a milo carp 2000 and i can honestly say it is the best carp pole i have had so far,i originally bught it at 13m but then bought the extension for another 100 quid,i can recommend these poles,(elton the word pole is allowed then,see **** walker)but saying that i've yet to have a lump on it (15lb +).

shimano

hi shimano i know someone that has a milo super 2000 13m pole for sale .. are these the downgrade of the milo super carp 2000 pole ???

Dont know whats about as not read an angling rag for a long time.

I use a 16m Map Excorcist which is still awailable at Danson angling - I would of thought they will do you a deal, they also do some other newer MAP models but I dont know much about them.

MAP EXORCIST 16M POLE

Price: £699.99Quantity:

The complete solution for both silver fish and small carp. Supplied with an amazing eight top kits and Super Taper no. 5 for total flexibility. Incredibly stiff and responsive, even at full length, the Exorcist is the Ideal pole for the travelling commercial angler. Inexpensive top kits make this pole easy to upgrade as required.

Pole Package consists of the following.

Integral match top 3 kit (12).

3 x Match top 3 kits (12).

3 x Power top 2 kits (16).

1 x Power No 5 Section

1 x Cupping kit.

Adrenalin Pro. Ridgiz Pole Holdall.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

VERY OLD THREAD - Dredged up! :D

Yes I guess if he hasn't found a pole he likes after 11 years then he is very fussy, :rolleyes:

Jim

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"