Any Tips on coarse Fishing plz

monkey boy14

Another thread here mentioned Bitterwell Lake near Bristol.I learnt the most inportant of beginners tips here.Use size 18 hooks and 1.5lb hook lengths.Not earth shattering but it made the difference to me of catching 3 fish a trip to 30lb.Like a lot of beginers I had been using far to heavy a hook link(4lb) and big hooks.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi and welcome to A.N.

Study, watch and persevere, I would say are three of the most important ingredients.

As to any other tips I'm sure you will get some better response if you could be a little more specific about what you would like to know more about.

quote:

Originally posted by monkey boy14:

Does anyone have any good tips for a beginner coarse fisherman?

Yup

It's a great sport. Don't give-up. Stick at it. Join your local library if you haven't already, and borrow all the books you can .. and ask Father Christmas for one/some.

Talk to the guys & gals in your local tackle shop. Join your local club. Fish with experienced anglers, except matchmen :D

Everyone was a beginner once ..sadly some haven't progressed much, but most have :D

Main thing to remember: Fishing should be fun. When it becomes something else, have a rethink. I found things in bottles and things in skirts can be a big distraction, but I mustn't judge everyone or anyone else by myself

Tight lines

DG

[ 10. November 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Yeah same as the first 1.

But then my tips are:

use red maggots and white ones if you can as bigger selection as possible.thre are some good methods as well use a maggot feeder a big one and put sum tape on it leaving only a few holes so it take longer for the maggots to get out and then when you cast they dont fall out.

All so use a method feeder with some strawberry groundbait.

c ya later

Brad