Wayahead poles/rods?

AndyM

Just wondering if anyone has heard/used/own any poles or rods made by a firm called Wayahead. I'm not sure if North West angling centre are the sole suppliers of them (can't find any other online shops which sell it), but I'd be interested in finding out what ppl experences (if there is anyone on here) of this equipment has been. The reason I ask is because I bought one of the "wildthing" poles in the 11.5m size http://www.nwac.co.uk/acatalog/Wayahead_Poles.html, at a very much reduced price, as it was much lighter and stiffer (or better balanced) than anything else around the price they were offering it to me at. The 13m pole on the website I think is the 11.5m pole I got, with a 1.5m extention. For info they sold it me for £160 but I did buy a number of other things as well, but having never bought a pole before, I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking for, but the staff were convinced it was the best option to go for.

[ 24. November 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: AndyM ]

Andy,

If memory serves me correctly,Wayahead tackle is

imported Italian gear.I once had one of their

poles and it lasted years.

If I were to buy another pole,then I would give

serious consideration to another one of theirs.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

aanthony:

I may be wrong, but I think they come from the same stable as the Grandslam seatboxes.

That's them.

Cartman, thanks. Like I said it looks and feels like a good pole, but having never used one I can't really have total confidence in myself more than anything It's almost a blank blank as it were, with just minimal graphics and not highly lacqered, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was imported gear.

It was just the reduction which got me thinking really, RRP £700 with the shop price of just under £300 for the 13m, fine, the usual mark down, but to get it for £160 with just the extention missing. Then again I went in and said I wanted to start out pole fishing and gave them my budget for the pole, but with only a couple of worthwhile options in stock (both of which much under the the £160 I had available to spend on it) I think they marked it down to give me some options, make sure they got everyone of them £160's and create a happy customer. If so it's done that :)