fishing near sheffield

butiaboy

I know its difficult running a fishery. But its obvious take a look at the trout section. People catch everyday! But they are lakes! Not backyard ponds like the coarse bit. Fish shouldnt live like that. It wasnt anything like what they said. As an experienced fish keeper I know that when fish are gasping at the top it means either: Over stocking, or gill disease but i saw no sign of that at the time!

They are trying to make it a better fishery by stuffing it with fish. I know this as a FACT because of the numbers of fish on the surface.

And i still say bad management. You cant put that many fish in a garden pond and expect to catch!

You want to see Messingham Sands Nr. Scunthorpe.

Now thats a pleasure pond! You can catch at minus 5 easy!

Judy i think were having a match at candy corner next year! Have you fished the island match pond at messingham? Proper rubbish but i think thats understocked to be honest just a few tiddlers and a few big ones! The pleasure pond that you first come to is exellent. I took it apart last year with meat at 2 ft in autumn.

The swan is still good but not as good since they cut that bit out of the land to make it bigger.

the breakfasts :D:D

we usually fish the first pond,

its where i first started catching carp,we have had some lovely days there.looking forward to going again.The sand gets everywhere though

judy

[ 28. December 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

if you do a search for messingham sands there is a thread dated march14th.03

we come from the motorway on to the mi80 i think it is then on to the sunthorpe motorway,leave for the 1st scunthorpe exit right hand lane passing a big tesco's(24 hr.) and I think the football ground is on the right,keep on that road not too far till you come to a big roundabout,take right hand turn for gainsbrough,keep going for quite a while over a few roundabouts past a large asda.

out in to the countryside,you go over the motorway,it seems as if you are doubling back on your self,you pass a big garden centre on the right but keep going till you come to a cross road, messingham sands is to the left i think but you want to turn right for the fishing,think its signed golf and driving range.

not too far up the road is a gate on the left messingham sands fishing is there,

there is a water garden centre further up on the right,with toilets and a cafe,where you get the good breakfasts(they also deliver to the water side.)baliff comes round.

I have done this from memory as I just drive now without a map,Monkey Boy may give better directions or let me know and i will get the map out.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)