River Windrush Burford

PhilJ

The Windrush has been a bit "out of sorts" this last summer (I fish Linear). There are a lot of Barbel around, but they've not really been "having it" in the trips I've made. Probably good since November though.

The Chub have got BIG on all the fry which have survived during the summer when flows have been low. I know the Perch are very good at the moment, try big lobworms dropped into holes and drop-offs (which have have shown up during the low summer water), best in the dawn/early morning period. Dead minnows will work well after a frost.

Make sure you fish right up to the end of the season, or you could miss a clonker or two!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

quote:

Anyone ever fished this water? Looks superb and lots of stories from the locals.

Is this a club or day ticket stretch. I have some friends in Burford, so wouldn't mind a dabble there myself.

[ 21. December 2003, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lid:

Is this a club or day ticket stretch. I have some friends in Burford, so wouldn't mind a dabble there myself.

Burford AC have the water. You can get Day-tickets (from one of the local shops or pubs .. can't remember which). Fished it when I was on hols there. Trout, grayling, big roach, big dace and big chub .. very big chub in certain spots. Fished it with flies and lures. Excellent! Was over there a couple of months back but not fishing but I could see the big chub.. luvly chubbly I guess the grayling will be on in this cold weather, too.

[ 22. December 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Suffolk Lad ]