chest waders

Jeff S

Pleasantly surprised this year with a set of chest waders. Can anyone tell me what the maintenance will be on them? I've never owned the sort with felt soles and they are neoprene. Trekking about in the mud without any traction makes me think I could spend more time under water than actually fishing it. :D

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Thanks Greg I'll be using them on river Ure much of which has a gravel bottom. Getting there could be an issue though. It was up about 2-3 feet and running extremely dirty. Needless to say I came home empty handed.

Think I'll take the waders with me for their debut tomorrow. So do you hang them inside next to the radiator and over the new carpet??? I'd hate to ruin them first trip out. :D

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

Mick you know I never thought of that.. good question. I'm going to look at the box and failing that I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Not a dumb question that certainly got me thinking. :D:D:D

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

No, fear not, they'll keep you nice and dry. I wear a one piece Sundridge suit under mine when it gets really cold for wading the likes of the Ure. As for the traction problem, buy yourself some screw in studs for the soles, they'll help but you still have to watch your step - Try John Norris in Penrith.

Paul

From the looks of mine (Wychwood) they come with a patch kit and it's been tank tested. They are supposed to be warm.. Still we'll see tomorrow.

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

Hey Paul what part of the Ure do you fish? It was real murky today so lures were out. I regularly fish the bridging site near Bishop Monkton and between North bridge (the Sharow roundabout) and Hewick bridge. Going to try for grayling on the fly tomorrow I just hope it clears up a bit.

My waders came with a bunch of screws.. Funny thing my wife always mumbles something about directions. :D Thanks for that.

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...

Jeff,

Up around the Aysgarth area usually. Bradford City AA waters. A lovely part of the world to spend a day. I was thinking of trying more of the City and No. 1 stretches though next year. I haven't done my homework yet but do intend to.

Cheers.

Paul

Oh right Paul, I think I may have asked you that in a previous thread. I don't know anything about the city area or the No. 1 stretch. If you ever manage up this way let me know. Some fantastic piking up to 22lbs I've heard and well rumors that there is a 30+ roaming. I've caught plenty of doubles though. Big perch as well if you are into that. I'll be searching for grayling over the next few months. I've never even seen one but I hear they smell pretty :D .

On the waders I slipped and slid all the way to my favorite swim only to find that the water was too high where I wanted to wade and the wind kept me from trying out my new fly rod. So back to the truck to get my other rod and realized that even at -1C I had overdressed. The waders are definitely warm and NO leaks. They're great for breaking ice too.. :D

Jeff

Yellow Prowler13

Ask me at 75...