church deeps river ribble

mike birtles

Mike it's the section that runs parallel to London Road - Preston, you can get to it by driving behind the Shawes Arms...multimap should help

Can't tell you where to get a ticket from though, possible wigan and district angling, but I ain't sure

hope this helps - tight lines

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

You appear to be able to fish the Church deeps from the playing field side for free at the moment. Preston Fed anglers had the stretch but hadn't renewed the lease with the council a couple of years ago and so it had reverted to council control. I don't think this has changed and the council don't police it as far as i am aware. The stretch runs parallel with London road and then takes a 90 degree bend and the 'church deeps' are here as they are overlooked by the church at the top of the hill on the other bank. Best way is to go and have a quick look. when going down London Road out of Preston turn behind/alongside Shawes Arms and park down this lane or at the football fields then walk along the river

Alternatively you can fish on the bank where the church is. I believe this gives you deeper water to fish. go down london road and go straight on at the lights at the bottom (don't go right to the capitol centre) then turn left at the mini-roundabout with the white bull pub on the corner. go up the hill and park on the left. there ia a small gap in fence to walk down to the river and a scout hut. this stretch is run by southport and district anglers they did have a web page but cant find the link at the moment perhaps somebody could assist?

PS Mike you might want to ask awaar about some stretches closer to home

[ 16. February 2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Martin Salisbury ]

Regards,

Martin

getting better the Ribble!, a friend of mine has just moved into a house on the Docks, right at the end of his back garden, is :the...ribble...can't wait for summer!, never fished that stretch, but am told it holds Salmon, sea trout and flaties!....mmm mmm :) :cool:

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields