Has anybody used.....

DonRamos

One of those new shot applicator thingies (made by Dinsmore I think) that splits the shot then connects it onto the line automatically.

I think it is for No. 8 and smaller.

Just wondering if they are any good?

Have them for sale in my local tackle shop not selling very well has you have to have one for each size of shot.Did meet the bloke who made the original ones think he went under.See if you can find the Anchor one I think its called the Shot Pot its also a useful tool again you have to buy the different size containers but a lot cheaper.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Don I have two Anchor type in sizes 8 and 10, my eyes aren't what they used to be, I find them quite useful to apply the shot, sometimes the actual mechanism sticks a bit and it can be fiddly to get a shot to sit in the groove 'ready' to apply but hey better that than half a pot on the deck !

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates