Kingfisher reels?

Jonah13

just finished work and started rooting through some old tackle in my garage prior to getting my gear together ready for a few hours fishing tomorrow night post work ( not managed a days fishing recently :( due to workin a 7 day week)anyway to get to the point, I found a Kingfisher 1000X reel in a case never used, i must have been given it about 6 to 8 years ago as a present didnt even remember having it to be honest......... :confused:

the question is does anyone know if this make/model etc is good, bad or indifferent??

Absolute rubbish if you really want to know.

My mate bought a Kingfisher carp rod and reel a couple of years ago. The rod, although ugly as sin is actually alright. The reel though is a piece of garbage. It's plasticky, nasty, cheapo badness.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Would you belive Kingfisher is part of the Leeda group.

The first reel above REEL1 is a bit of a laugh!

The seller claims it is a baitrunner type carp reel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonah, can't tell a lie, it's ok for a learner but will put him/her off angling for life.

Why do tackle manufacturers do it?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Yes but it does say

"A must for anyones tacklebox"

Best get one pretty quickley then!