Redeeming yourself

Alan Stubbs

I was given a bedchair by my work colleagues as a 50th birthday present, at the beginning of the month.

Whilst I was asleep on it (and I am well below the weight rating!) the screw thread at the top joint sheared off.

Rather than face the embarrassment of asking for the receipt, I phoned Leeda direct. After a little messing around, I sopke to a young lad called Richard who said that someone from their warranty department would call me back later in the day.

No call came.

The following morning, I had a call from the same Richard offering profuse apologies and saying that they will deliver a replacement chair free of charge to my home at 11.00am on 9th May. He was absolutely spot on to the minute.

Now the good bit... I had already told tham that I only needed the screw thread, and inside the box was ALSO a replacement screw thread. I was told to keep both bedchairs.

Every company that imports rather than produces their own product faces the odd component failure. I know, for years my job was assessing such failures.

Suffice to say I am well pleased with Leeda's attitude to customer care and would say that if you are on a budget, their 'Giant' chairs and bedchairs do their job at a competitive price, with the added bonus of having staff that care.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Now thats what I call good customer care. :)

Have you got Leeda's tele number Alan? I've got one of thier chairs that needs new feet. Tried my local stockist but wasn't interested as I got the chair off the net.

Bally:

Have you got Leeda's tele number Alan? I've got one of thier chairs that needs new feet. Tried my local stockist but wasn't interested as I got the chair off the net.

Hi Bally,

Leeda St. Stephens House, Prospect Hill, Redditch, B97 4DL

Tel: 01527 585818

Hang on to the switchboard and ask for sales or, if the chair is still under warranty, ask for the warranty department. Unsurprisingly, the quality care I received was from the sales team.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Stubbs:

their 'Giant' chairs and bedchairs do their job at a competitive price, with the added bonus of having staff that care.

Will agree with that. Got a cheap Giant bedchair and love it. So much more comfotable than the floor

Dan

they are an excellent company ,on emailing the boss (i know him through my intrepid research) i enquired if they could sell me a drag tightening knob for my sea reel ,i told him i lost it due to my own negligence and it wasent a warrenty issue ,i was amazed when a complete gratis reel arrived and a phone call asking if it had arrived,glad to see they dont just do favours for the boss and it works for lesser mortals demon

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson