Update on my native tank

Andy_1984

the gudgeon look a bit thin :( the ones in the pond have fat bellies all year round so i guess your needing less filtration or more food for them to find

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...
the gudgeon look a bit thin :( the ones in the pond have fat bellies all year round so i guess your needing less filtration or more food for them to find

Gudgeons putting on more weight. ive given up on hiding food as those pesky rudd figured it out. less filtration i think would be a bad idea, roach and rudd are little poop factories.

when hand feeding the gudgeon he was always a bit hit and miss so i found out if i hold the food against the filter, which is black he sees it better(probably the contrast?) and belts toward it and i lift my finger away from the food he gets it spot on every time and the rudd cant get it because my fingers on it, they still try though :D

ill need to get a video up of me doing it, it might be of use to other people trying to feed gudgeon with faster eating fish like roach and rudd.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, you worry about that gudgeon too much. It's a great deal thicker in the midriff than it was when you got it and it's a healthier colour. It might not be getting the same amount of food that the roach and rudd are getting but it'll be getting more than enough food. Tank fish always get far more food than is actually required.

It's fine.

.....and so is the tench, which really does look the part now.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say, your tench is piling in weight every time I see it. When you first got it, it was barely recognisable as a tench. In fact, I was almost sure you had been sold a pup because it didn't look anything like a tench but now, it's as big as the rudd and the roach and it's easily identifiable as male.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...