You hardcore Winter Bivvy men!

Dave H

Well I have just put my new 2 man Cyprinus bivvy up and I am very impressed with it. It's got all the right bits and bobs and mod cons. It has room for your bits but I know that it could be too big for many swims. The other issue is I know how some winter venues such as the Fens can knock them down with the average of wind.

The plus side is Mrs Hawk can get in there for some fishing too in the summer so that's good.

So I guess I am looking for some of those 1 man jobbies but it will be for the hard core angler not you June/July sun worshippers ;) . It is a minefield out there and no matter what I will be piping for one whether on Flea bay or otherwise. So what recommendations are out there for a hardcore Zander/Pike fisherman :)?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just put my new 2 man Cyprinus bivvy up and I am very impressed with it. It's got all the right bits and bobs and mod cons. It has room for your bits but I know that it could be too big for many swims. The other issue is I know how some winter venues such as the Fens can knock them down with the average of wind.

The plus side is Mrs Hawk can get in there for some fishing too in the summer so that's good.

So I guess I am looking for some of those 1 man jobbies but it will be for the hard core angler not you June/July sun worshippers ;) . It is a minefield out there and no matter what I will be piping for one whether on Flea bay or otherwise. So what recommendations are out there for a hardcore Zander/Pike fisherman :)?

Where are my Zander clan Heady and Dales

Hi hawk

I just wrote a huge reply which a power cut has wiped out.

Are you really serious about bivvying up in the winter and if so will it be the fens or somewhere more hospitable weather wise.

As you know I am happy in fairly extreme conditions and do it all open fronted.

I have 3 very different bivvies 2 of which are my fens winter ones.

John

Whats wrong with me am why I being victimised and left out?.

Or is it I me just a bit tooo common and uncouth.

Believe me in the lonely old fens sometimes a bit rough and ready company is welcome.

John

Working :( ...and recovering from an enjoyable, but hard three days and nights fishing on the Fens :D

For tight swims, I use a Daiwa mission brolly with an overwrap when its cold. It cheap so can be put in bramble infested areas. The brolly works well with the steep banks

On slightly larger swims, this winter I purchased a Korum Mk2 day shelter with a overwrap, again fairly cheap. I am well impressed with it. It has handled the fens winds well.

Darrell

Gentlemen please!!!

We will have no arguing in the ranks.

John.

I did miss you out as you have mentioned before about an open bivvy in winter on the fens.

Therefor telling me to purchase a £9.99 shelter from Argos would be no good to me John so its not that you are common or mad but clinically insane!

But it would be interesting to know

Please don't tell me its a Lidle special off £5.99 get one free!

Gentlemen please!!!

We will have no arguing in the ranks.

John.

I did miss you out as you have mentioned before about an open bivvy in winter on the fens.

Therefor telling me to purchase a £9.99 shelter from Argos would be no good to me John so its not that you are common or mad but clinically insane!

But it would be interesting to know

Please don't tell me its a Lidle special off £5.99 get one free!

Sorry mate those prices are far beyond me.

I was just going to recommend going around to houses that have just had a widescreen television delivered as these are the best boxes to live in.

Some of them are double skinned with a good insulated material on the inside.

I was going to recommend which box is best but out here in parkland we are all fighting for the best cardboard boxes.

John

There is a Chub (I think Cyfish MK2) shelter/bivvy which is a solid little performer and also fits into swims well. You might want to look into that one.

The Cyprinus sounds impressively good, what would you give it out of 10 Dave? Has anyone got one of the Cyprinus bedchairs?

Carp-Catcha

The name change was all above board as i asked Newt to. I just think that now that i am becoming famous people know who i am.

It also gives them a chance to avoid me if they want some peace and quite. :bangin: LOL

Seriously though i don't really like alias names....'Hello my names Hawk?....Hello my names Kangaroo!....LOL

The cyprey R3 is really good.

Just a tad big but ok if you have the space and perfect for the summer . 8/10