Where did HE come from?

Salar

I have just spotted a VERY small carp in my 400 gallon pond. I didn't put him there, so he must have been hatched. The only other carp are about 4 inches long, but I did have 2 of about 9 inches each. In June I had the bright idea of draining the pond, cleaning it out and refilling, as it was very sludgy. I put the fish in filled dustbins while I did it, and to cut a long story short there was a screw-up and my biggest, most favourite carp went belly-up. So how did that little carp get there - the pond was drained after the two biggies were in there, and only one biggie went back in after the refill? If he was laid before the draining, he would have been chucked out with the sludge, and he couldn't have been laid after, 'cos according to my old biology teacher you need two to tango and there aren't, any more. Any ideas, folks?

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Quite a few possibilities ...

As Eggs ...

Brought in with weed or new plants.

Brought in by bird .. Don't laugh ! It happens !

As Fish ...

You have a secret admirer who likes to see you happy ! :rolleyes:

Enjoy ! :D

The Older I get .. The better I was.