London Anglers Association waters

John Weddup

A topic today reminded of how little I know of the LAA waters nationwide.

I am an LAA fisheries officer for their waters around Sudbury and also this year for ten mile bank.

Are there any others out there that fishh LAA waters were they live that could help others by giving a description and quality of fishing etc. I am more than happy to fill you in on the local scene to me.

I do fancy the odd trip to some of their other waters but don't wish to make a long journey and find it either unfishable or a poor water.

John

A topic today reminded of how little I know of the LAA waters nationwide.

I am an LAA fisheries officer for their waters around Sudbury and also this year for ten mile bank.

Are there any others out there that fishh LAA waters were they live that could help others by giving a description and quality of fishing etc. I am more than happy to fill you in on the local scene to me.

I do fancy the odd trip to some of their other waters but don't wish to make a long journey and find it either unfishable or a poor water.

John

John happy to do so but i aint joined em yet :lol: ,going to though and will give some write up once i have next season.

They have 4 bits of the Thames localish to me that seldom see anyone which is the main appeal ,They seem to have water all over the place :thumbs: Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

John happy to do so but i aint joined em yet :lol: ,going to though and will give some write up once i have next season.

They have 4 bits of the Thames localish to me that seldom see anyone which is the main appeal ,They seem to have water all over the place :thumbs: Steve

Thanks Steve

I guess the water you have seen looks promising for you to join.

Thats a good sign.

They have water well spread as you say. They used to have bus loads leave London when factories had their own fishing clubs.A thing of the past but we are left with some diverse and interesting waters.

John

Thanks Steve

I guess the water you have seen looks promising for you to join.

Thats a good sign.

They have water well spread as you say. They used to have bus loads leave London when factories had their own fishing clubs.A thing of the past but we are left with some diverse and interesting waters.

John

John i used to fish a couple of the sections years ago but from the opposite bank to the LAA bits ,Great Chub and Pike fishing then and from what i have heard non to shabby these days either ,they will i would imagine be one of the clubs to gain members with the cemex demise lets hope they can`t be arsed with the walks river fishing entails or the unpredictable moods of the bigger rivers eh?

Very excited about the new season and thinking the Thames may be a better bet flow and level wise than the Kennet ,We are heading upstream for our annual boating/fishing pilgrimage to Lechlade first 2 weeks of the new season so will try to remember to take a few pics of the LAA bits to send to you .......remind me if you remember coz i am bound to forget

There is a bit on the LAA site about Moulsford section where 4 blokes shared 380lb or so in a few hours mainly Chub have a looksee Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Does the LAA still have a section of the River Gt Ouse in Bedfordshire?

Hi Mate

barford bridge roxton and blunham are listed as bedfordshire.

Often thought about a weekends fishing around there.

Whats it like ?.

http://www.londonanglers.net/fisheries/members_list.html

John

Hi Mate

barford bridge roxton and blunham are listed as bedfordshire.

Often thought about a weekends fishing around there.

Whats it like ?.

http://www.londonanglers.net/fisheries/members_list.html

John

Here's a few pics of what the stretch between Gt Barford and Blunham looked like in April last year.

post-20441-1332360231_thumb.jpgpost-20441-1332360264_thumb.jpgpost-20441-1332360284_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not a member of LAA so don't know what ti fishes like. All I know is that it's very peaceful along this stretch and don't think I've ever seen anyone fishing it.

Here's a few pics of what the stretch between Gt Barford and Blunham looked like in April last year.

post-20441-1332360231_thumb.jpgpost-20441-1332360264_thumb.jpgpost-20441-1332360284_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not a member of LAA so don't know what ti fishes like. All I know is that it's very peaceful along this stretch and don't think I've ever seen anyone fishing it.

Hi black rabbit

It looks absolutely wonderfull and no anglers either.

I can see I might just have to come and have a look.

Thanks

John