Stalking, ahem........bream!!!!!!!

DenisO

By the way Dennis, a few of us local lads get together on the 1st Thursday of each month at 7:30pm at the Black Lion Pub in Mill Road Gillingham (opposite the Black Lion Sports Centre), in the guise of the Medway Mullet Group, to talk fishing.

Everyone is welcome to drop in and share local knowledge.

We don't just fish for mullet (in fact there's a few who have never even hooked a mullet!).

Next meeting, Thursday 5th February.

Tight Lines - leon

Medway Mullet Group

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/medway

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great picture of the river and well done on your catches today.

The bream came from about a mile upstream from the Spot Lane bridge where the river goes into a horse shoe shape.

I'll bear the Black Lion in mind for the 5th so may see you then.

An Economist: Someone who sees something working in practice and trys to see if it will work in theory!!!!!!

Leon, do us a favour mate and resize your pics to 600x800 and I will be able to see it all in one go, :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Leon, can you take me through the steps to get a digital photograph (which may be currently stored in a folder in my computer) onto one of these replies? I'd love to be able to do that...!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

if you want to catch the chub in the len the best time is when it is running a bit clearer and use a short rod and fish in the jungle swims even the smallest of deep holes holds some nice fish :D

That bend swim upstream of spot lane has never been any good for chub i dont know why :confused: there is some nice sized fish in the small weir pool though, cast as close as you dare to the far side reeds, the slack area towards the far bank

Hope this helps your chub quest

i havent fished alington for years am tempted to give it a go again, and them huge shoules of dace are still there :D

Pangolin - directions for posting a picture are Here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Shhhh dont tell everybody where the len is LOL

ive been fishing it for about 20 years and hardley see any one else fishing, it must be getting more popular now, i suppose the removal of the trees dowstream of spot lane has made it a bit more accessable, you can use a rod biger than 6ft now

i hope you all put the wild trout back it would be a shame if they all get took out, i think they breed in the river cos i have caught all sizes even tiny ones.

Cookus, against Nicks advice, the river is in Bearsted near Maidstone. Turn into Spot Lane and follow the road down to the bottom of the valley and you will literally "trip" over the river.

Nick, the trout all went back. In truth they were not really big enough for the pan although if they had been I may have been tempted to take 1. Your right about rod lenghts. I was using an 11ft Avon Quiver which for some swims is probably about 10ft too long. I have a Super Shooter which seems like overkill or a fly rod, either of which would be better length. The fly rod could be a bit awkward with a fixed spool attached.

An Economist: Someone who sees something working in practice and trys to see if it will work in theory!!!!!!