True Story "2"

Chris Goddard

Next time you have a bad day at work...think of this guy. Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an e-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to 'Laughline', who were sponsoring a "worst job experience" contest. Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office I know you've been feeling down lately at work,so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realise it's not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: wehave a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of sh!t sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightfultemperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which istaped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a damn good plan, and I've used it several timeswith no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working,is I take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my bum started toitch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within afew seconds my @rse started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back,

but the damage was done.

In agony I realised what had happened. The hot water machine had suckedup a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my

bum was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch,I was actually grinding the jellyfish into my @rse.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with 5 other divers, was laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive I was instructed to make 3 agonising in-water decompression stops totalling 35 minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my decompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my

bum as soon as I get in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't sh1t for 2 days because my@rsehole was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your @rse......

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest NickInTheNorth

Chris

Don't you ever post TWO true stories like these on one night again. I am typing this hardly able to breathe and with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Two of the best I've ever heard, but in future one per night please. :D:D:D :cool: :cool:

NickInTheNorth:

Chris

Don't you ever post TWO true stories like these on one night again. I am typing this hardly able to breathe and with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Two of the best I've ever heard, but in future one per night please. :D:D:D :cool: :cool:

Chris

DITTO on what Nick said :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

They made me chuckle a little also!! And I had to edit them before posting, so spare a thought for me!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))