I fancy a break, recommendations for fishing weekend please

fruitloopy

I am looking to take a short break away for a long weekend on my own, I am looking for somewhere with a bit of variety. This means some nicely stocked lakes but also a stretch of a good river nearby.

Can anyone recommend a good spot? Ideally it would have the lakes & river onsite.

I live in Peterborough and wouldnt really like to travel much more than a couple of hours.

Camping, chalet, whatever...

Thanks in advance

I am looking to take a short break away for a long weekend on my own, I am looking for somewhere with a bit of variety. This means some nicely stocked lakes but also a stretch of a good river nearby.

Can anyone recommend a good spot? Ideally it would have the lakes & river onsite.

I live in Peterborough and wouldnt really like to travel much more than a couple of hours.

Camping, chalet, whatever...

Thanks in advance

You should come to Sweden my friend, the home of giant zander and monstruous pike... Or if that doesnt work why not Wingham?

Edited by Jan O

I had a week at Manor Farm Leisure near Evesham ( so at the limit of your range ) at the start of the season, but, don't know if they do shorter breaks in the static caravans.

6 lakes within 3 minutes drive, excellent sport, plus long stretches of the Avon within a couple of minutes. Best weeks fishing I've ever had !

Nic

Manor Farm looks pretty good, I'll send them an email asking for accommodation details. I have read about Manor Farm on these pages before so I will definitely look into it. Cheers.

Any other suggestions?

South coast too far? Base yourself around Christchurch and you'd have the Royalty and Throop on your doorstep....

C.

Yeah, its a bit too far unfortunately. I would love to fish the Avon though and have a fight with a large Barbel!